chapter 70

“Gnossian?”

“Yes, we will be arriving in 30 minutes and 24 seconds.”

Unlike Lena, Gnossian was less likely to engage in small talk, but the information provided was very precise and detailed.

“How many enemies will we be encountering?”

“By analysing the distortion caused by their invisibility cloaks, we estimate around 100 ships.”

“Hmm… that’s only half the numbers we originally expected, do you know where the rest are?”

“We can’t locate them at this time.”

“Then Gnossian, where are they likely to be hiding?”

“This is an educated guess at best, but maybe in the shadow of a large asteroid or planet.”

“Is there any way to have a better idea and not just a simple guess?”

“At present we can only use the long range detection system of  the satellites orbiting Earth launched with the Gnostic project. The previously was a Solar Defense pilot project which would have been better in this case, but unfortunately it was shut down before it gained any traction.”

“Solar Defense?”

“Yes, it was designed as a network of satellites spread out across our solar system in the case of any external threats. However, due to Earth’s ongoing crisis, all resources were redirected to the Gamma project and it was left unfinished.

“Cancelled huh….”

‘Johra there may be few left a still operational.’

“Don’t you think there might be some left Gnossian?”

“Without the appropriate Admin password I have no way of verifying.”

‘Gnoss?’

‘Run the code QCH7749 Salt twilight, hash code from A to G and 1318’

“Run the code QCH7749 Salt twilight, hash code from A to G and 1318’

“How could you that Johra?”

“Just give it try.”

“Authorization has been granted, sending booting signal.”

“Did it work?”

“Yes, I should be receive a signal from our satellites within the hour. By the way, how is it possible to know that authorization code? Perhaps only the upper management members who are in cryosleep could know that.”

“That isn’t your concern, don’t you have a battle to prep for?”

“The drones are ready to launch, I’m just waiting on your go ahead.”

“Okay, give them hell.”

“Yes sir! Fire!”

Valen shook and we fired over a hundred drones. There was a certain beauty to watching an incredible fireshow while staring off into endless space.

“Gnossian?”

“….’

There wasn’t any answer.

“Gnossian?”

‘Sorry Johra, but he probably won’t be able to answer while he calculates the trajectories for the drones. Gnossian’s personality suffered from transient concentration disorder….’

‘Wasn’t it based off you?’

‘No, not at all.’

‘Still, he takes after you somewhat right?’