chapter 16

'Alpeon, where are the spiders?'

I visited the termite hill first thing in the morning. The spiders were definitely supposed to be here according to my ownership view, but despite going to the spider's allocated chamber, they were nowhere to be found.

'They don't like termites, so they hide in their cocoons.'

It seemed like they were within the cocoons which were fixed against the wall. Even if I had the ability to view statuses, I wasn't able to locate them.

The ability of Legol, one of the three spiders, was a skill which blocked my ownership view.

'That's a pretty useful skill.'

'Indeed, a desirable power.'

'Alpeon, could you please bring over the three special one's you mentioned yesterday?'

'They will arrive soon.'

I approached Cocoons.

'Legol, Arin, Hattan, show your faces.'

'Forgive us Lord, we have no faces'

Are these kids serious, quite cheeky aren't they? Time to put them in their place.

I gave one of the cocoons a hard poke.

Shhhh Tuk,Tuk

Surprised, they fell awkwardly out of their cocoons, flat on their backs.

'Lord, are you purposely trying to embarrass us?'

'Was it not you three which ignored me?'

'....'

They kept silent, actually they were still young children so I felt they were quite stubborn.

'Come follow me, we will be going somewhere during the next few days.

As I was instructing them, Alpeon's message appeared in my mind.

'The children have arrived.'

I couldn't believe my eyes, they were about one and a half times larger than an ordinary termite. If they were to stand up right it would be about the same size as me. Also, instead of the usually transparent milky white color, their carapace had a golden lustre to it.

It seemed like those who gained abilities from the Root's nectar would also have a color similar to it. Their Powers were also roughly twice that of a regular termite but there levels were still low so I expected there would be room for growth.Their translucent golden wings hanging on each side added to their majesty, and likened them to some imperial knights.

'Mir, Tagan, Jenna, do you all possess telepathy?'

'That is correct, Lord.'

I was heartened to hear their voices ring in my mind. Each of them had some unique abilities so we would be able to coordinate best if we could all communicate through telepathy. It seemed like prioritizing quality over quantity was the right choice, and the results were humongous termites.

'You guys will follow me today, is that alight?'

Termites had excellent loyalty, a Hierarchical system was second nature to them, and they responded quickly to commands.

'Alpeon I'll be borrowing these children for about 10 days, is that alright?'

'Of course, may I ask where you will be going?'

'I'll be heading to the neighbouring territory.'

Alpeon was surprisingly quick to understand my intentions.