chapter 45

From so high up the Elves below appeared like little ants. Thousands of them already gathered to march on my Pit, with there numbers continuing to swell.

‘Create Ice Wall’

[You have learned Ice Wal Lv1]

“Ice wall! Ice Wall! Ice wall!…”

It was a simple spell which I used to create huge blocks of ice in mid air. Each were roughly ten meters long, three meters high and one meter thick. Although there normally wouldn’t be anything threatening about an Ice Wall, I was now 20,000 meters up in the air.

Quaaaaa Quaaa

As the blocks of ice dropped towards the ground, their incredible speed caused a certain amount of friction, causing most of them to break down into 3 chunks. Each of these weighed between 100~200 kilograms and combined with their acceleration, they packed quite the punch.

Kuooong Kung, Quazzzic

The combination of so many chunks of ice falling was similar to the destruction brought about by a meteor shower. Of course I could also cast meteor, but it consumed far more mana and had longer casting time. It was a hail storm on the level of a natural disaster.

Even if it was hard to aim, as predicting how each Ice Wall would break off and where the chunks would fall was almost impossible, it wasn’t at all necessary. It had become more of a large AoE spell and it devastated the Elves’ forces, squishing hundreds of them before they even arrived on my borders. The only unfortunate part was that I didn’t receive any experience, perhaps it was because I only indirectly caused their deaths.

Well, the important thing was that with my victory here, the overall war should be much easier to win.

“Let’s continue flying over the rest of their troops, Valenor.”

“Ok, let’s do that.”

I persisted in casting more Ice Walls and the Elf troops were seriously dwindling. Their armies of thousands had already been cut down by half, the survivors scattered and with likely low morale.

“That should be enough for today.”

“Why don’t you go down and fight in person Johra?”

“The war hasn’t even officially begun, I just wanted to tip the scales in our favor. Unfortunately I didn’t expect that I wouldn’t receive any experience, so I think it’s best to stop here.”

“Ok, I’ll bring us back to the Pit.”

After returning together, I decided to gather my armies to take stock of our fighting strength. I was finally sitting on the throne of my highly anticipated palace, Valenor sat together me and the various chiefs of my Pit forces assembled before me. At the front of them all stood Alpeon, with a cordial attitude.

“Alpeon have the traps been prepared according to my instructions?”

“Yes, everything has been completed Lord.”

“Good, and are the Goblins ready?”

“Yes Lord.”

Observing the Goblins before me I noticed that there were 500 of them, all waiting to be evolved.

‘Let’s see… we have Hobgoblin, and a Goblin King.’

Naturally I understood that having too many Goblin Kings would be counterproductive, so I selected the strongest out of them to be the King, while turning the rest into Hobgoblins.

“Lord, thank you for taking us into your care.”

The Goblin King had acquired the ability for human speech. After confirming that they would follow the lead of the king, I gave them my orders.