chapter 117

How are you… wait, where is this place? Harpok’s body is here too? What’s going on Johra? Last I remember we were attacking the Rohim’s home planet. How long has it been since then?”

“Ugh… you just got back and are already so annoying, shut up.”

“Who are you talking to? Where did that gem come from?”

“Lena, I’ll need a moment to have an uninterrupted chat with my friend here, could you make sure all our countermeasure are up so no one can spy on us.”

“Got it!”

We hadn’t spoken to each other in quite some time but I had instinctively told him to shut up. It made beginning our conversation a bit awkward.

Finally Lena’s eavesdropping countermeasure were up and we could start.

“Hoo I tried very hard not to think about you, but it seems that in the end I slipped up.”

“Why? Surely our relationship was much better towards the end no?”

“No, you should have told me how powerful Metatron was.”

“How could I tell you, you were ignoring anything I said.”

Sigh

Knowing now that Gnoss was actually a reincarnation of Harpok complicated our relationship somewhat.

“It’s okay, I know undeads like you don’t have emotions, after all I’ve observed you for quite some time…wait, why do you feel different? Leader of the Fallen, what’s that? It isn’t even a race or profession, a unique class? Ha ha ha~ you really do surprise me every time!”

“What do you know, the real surprise hasn’t even arrived.”

“Oh, and even bigger surprise? Please, do tell, I’m so curious!”

“Do you know about Harpok?”

“He’s the God which stands even above the supreme sages. He’s the God of Whispers and Secrets.

“What, there was a God which the supreme sages served?

“Yes, most of what I know, I do because of Harpok.”

“I see….”

“Right, to become a supreme sage you need to be compatible with Harpok’s Divine Grace. The former supreme sage who mentored me said that I was a great match with Harpok.”

“Yeah, no kidding since you basically are Harpok.”

“Ha ha, my mentor would also say that I resemble Harpok quite a lot.”

“No, I’m not saying you’re like him, I’m telling you that you are Harpok.”

“Wait what? I’m Harpok?”

“Right, Harpok once reincarnated on Earth and that was your past life.”

“Wha…what are you talking about.”

“Look, Harpok’s body is here, but not his spirit. He’s already reincarnated.

“What? Why would he abandon his body?”

“I was torturing him for information and he couldn’t take the pain I suppose, so he committed suicide. After that, through his eye I could see that he had reincarnated and that he was living back on Earth. Living your childhood.”

“How shocking… I mean it’s hard to believe, even for me who has access to such much knowledge.”

“Here, I have your dead body.  Although you can’t see it, you should be able to feel something, right?”