chapter 19

'Would you like me to show you something awesome?'

It was one of the strongest spells which I had researched in combination with the Roots' nectar. We now only had about 10 meters of distance between us, so I cast my spell, trying to suppress its range as much as possible.

"Meteor!"

As my Fire Mastery rose, I was capable of controlling the power and size of the AoE. Focusing on my Meteor spell, limiting what was originally large scale magic to only a dozen meter area.

Kuuuuuuuuukung!

Just a single impact caused a large cloud of dust to form. Everyone fell down to the ground from the tremors and the ancient trees in the Jungle shook violently. Birds took to the sky in panic and any loose rocks along the cliffs came tumbling down.

"Gravity up! Gravity up! Gravity up!"

I suddenly manipulated to gravity to 8 times the norm. I had a good enough degree of control over the spell that I wasn't under it's influence as the space would seem to bend around me.

Thump! Thump!

I advanced slowly toward the envoys who were in a terrible shape. They had suffered greatly from the Meteor, despite me having held back my power considerably. For them, the increased gravity that followed was simply the straw that broke the camel's back.

The first to fall was the giant golem, his face contorting in pain, followed by the Asmodians who dropped down to their knees. In fact, only the two elves and the vampire girl were left standing. Naturally, having a smaller mass was very beneficial under an increased gravity.

"I summoned the power of the spirits to aid me vanquish this evil before me...."

The elf had begun chanting Spiritual Magic which was the spell I had been most wary of.

Luckily, it had a long casting time so I was able to easily interrupt it.

"Fireshock!"

Thump!

Naaring was brought down to his knees as he was hit by the backlash from his failed spell. Even if elves had a strong and light physique, the combination of the 8x gravity and the spell backlash was simply too much to handle.

Perhaps if he had managed to hit me with it I would have taken a lot of damage. It was after all, an elemental spell tailored specifically for the undead. For this reason I had been constantly watching for it and was able to react quickly.

Right now, there was only the female elf, Leon and the vampire Roslin. The little girl had been extra careful since her ordeal with the Firewall, and Leon held a defensive posture near Naarin, clearly worried about his condition.

I slowly walked over to the center of the delegations.

"You...! What are you doing!"

Talvin who had his knees glued to the ground, still held a stubborn attitude.

It was the main reason I came over. I was intent on using my passive lifesteal on these trapped opponents of mine. My goal was to deeply imprint on them a fear of me and quash all thoughts of rebellion. I figured that a hopeless situation where you were trapped and your life force was slowly being stolen would be quite the traumatic experience.

Kyasu!

Roslin seemed to have understood my intentions and lunged towards me, deciding to go all out. Her long nails shining with a deep blood red colour. Even Leon had gathered her spirit and backed her up, wielding an enchanted sword.