chapter 51

You fools! We have sacrificed so much and helped your people out on so many occasions, just what are you trying to pull here?”

Roslin was truly angry, and it was not only because of the excessive amount of wine she had just drunk. She had been working together with Lorina for sometime now, and although it was true that Lorina’s views were somewhat more radical, her motivations in helping the humans were those of righteousness and justice.

As a vampire she constantly thirsted for human blood. Still, she had never become corrupted and fallen to depravity, she simply consumed the blood in small quantities and kept control over her mental faculties largely due to this mindset of right and wrong.

However, now that Lorina’s beliefs had been shaken and she was no longer sure if the undead was truly evil. Roslin was likewise found herself doubting her thinking, and right when she was the most vulnerable, the fact that she had been betrayed by the humans despite having always stayed true to them had crossed her bottom line.

“Miss Roslin, I truly hope you come with us quietly, I don’t wish to do anything which would tarnish your honour….”

“Noisy bunch, how dare you doubt me. I will end your pathetic lives!”

Within seconds she had torn apart the ten royal guards apart limb from limb, using innate vampiric ability to paralyse them with fear. Her vampire instincts for bloodshed and violence as the nobility of the night had awoken and she slaughter those poor souls.

The very next day, Roslin, Lorina and her party of Warriors were charged with treason and there was a large bounty placed on their heads, wanted dead or alive. Rumours soon spread that their band had recently collaborated with a traitorous Marquis which had fallen to darkness and was known as the Devil King

‘Really? Those pieces of trash actually banded together? Ha Ha Ha! Great, dealing with them together is much simpler than chasing them down individually.’’

I was glad to hear from Alpeon the news about Lorina. I then proceed to begin negotiation talks with the kingdom that had turned on turned Lorena’s crew into rebels. We were discussing the possibility of establishing exclusive trade routes, a benefit which could not be overestimated because Necropolis had yet to do so with any other kingdom.

The land surrounding Necropolis had long been inhospitable to humans so other kingdoms held little claim on it. After all there had been many monsters inhabiting these areas which would make it quite challenging for a human settlement to survive. With Necropolis as it’s capital, the surrounding lands were soon recognized by other powers as an independent nation. In just a few short years it had developed into a booming economy with its unique products and its military force didn’t even need to be mentioned if one simply remembered the number of dragons it housed.

Having trading rights with Necropolis was something that any of the nations on the continent desired and they had sent countless diplomatic envoys to such end, but to this day they had all been turned down.

When the Athenian Empire heard of the trivial conditions that the new superpower Necropolis asked of them, they didn’t hesitate to throw the group of misfit Warriors under the proverbial bus in order to secure this deal. It was a testament to how powerful Necropolis had become, being able to deal with Lorina’s group with but a few simple promises. Roslin night of slaughter against the guards had been more than enough to sway public opinion, turning the former heroes into enemies of mankind. The human mind is quite petty in the sense that it is more likely to focus on one mistake than 10 acts of benevolence.

Necropolis’ influence was so large that for fear of offending them, no kingdom was willing to accept their band.

At the end of the day they had no choice but to join the Devil King’s nation. This was because they were the only kingdom which was at odds with Necropolis and therefore welcomed them with open arms because they were looking to increase their military strength.