chapter 125

Squeak! Squeak!

There were an incredible number of rats standing up on their hind legs, just a few meters away from me. No, they weren’t just regular rats as they each held some kind of weapon, be it a sword, shield or bow.

“What’s going on? Is this revenge for all the rat’s I’ve killed in my lifetime?”

I tried to reach out to Lena.

“Lena! Quickly prepare the Rohim’s shield!”

‘Hm… thousands, no, tens of thousands of rats swarmed around me. Just where had they all come from?’

Unfortunately Lena didn’t heed my call, no doubt being too absorbed in her calculations to notice the current situation.

“Damn, what bad timing, Thanatos! Gnoss!”

I tried calling the other two, but there was likewise no response.

‘Geez, why is it that no one shows up in my time of need?’

Fortunately the Ratmen (I had arbitrarily decided to name them so) kept there distance and didn’t seem to be in any particular hurry. I would occasionally hear a squeak or two, but considering their numbers, they were indeed quite disciplined.

After about an hour or so of such a stand off, I was beginning to become a bit impatient and doubtful as to what their intentions were.

‘Why aren’t they attacking? Quickly fight me so that I can release my flames upon you. I’m a bit worried that you’d all run away were I to take the initiative.’

Suddenly, from far out I heard a disturbance.

Squeak! Squeak!

The army of rats made way as if Moses himself had parted the Red Sea. A little rat girl, about one meter tall with pink fur as opposed to the black fur on all the other rats, made her way towards me.

‘It seems that in their tribe the females enjoy a lot of power.’

Thud!

The pink rat girl which had been running towards me tripped on herself and landed face first into the sand, just ten meters away from me.

Squeak! Squeak!

It was clear that they were laughing in their own way. Although some of the elder ones elbowed their noisy neighbors, it still took some time for the laughter to quiet down.

The female rat looked around, her face turning red.

‘What should I do?’

Picking herself up, she walked before me and bowed down when she was about two meters away.

‘Welcome Savior!”

“Savior…?”

“Ah! Didn’t you hit your head while you were summoned? Did you lose your memory? Surely Sha sent the right Savior right?”

“Can you understand my words? Just who are you?”

“Ah, forgive me for my latte introduction. I am the eldest among God’s children, Evelysla, and I have the ability to communicate in any language.”

“Evelysla?”

I had heard that name somewhere, but I was now focused on the other thing she mentioned, which gave me a bad premonition.

“God’s children? Who is Sha? Just what are you talking about?”

“Oh… did Sha not mention this to you? She was supposed to explain the situation well. Wait, knowing Sha she probably half-assed it, no wonder she always gets scolded by L.”