14

- Lisa

"We've been wondering for the whole year why no one is visiting him..."
       Chaeyoung uttered while we are taking the path to go to the exit.

"Now, can you feel a little sympathy for him?"
        I stopped my own tracks and grabbed her wrist to face me, I asked and looked at her seriously.

She rolled her eyes before answering.

"I am worried about him too, ever since the beginning, specially those days when he is in comatose state. But I am much worried about you, you know, you kept charging his bills on your salary, I know we are lead surgeons here but being too nice to people is not good. The last time you've been so nice to people, you got betrayed and broken. You might get bankrupt next time."
        She answered and commented making me squint my eyes like I want to doubt her.

"Then, I should not trust you as well?"
        I asked and her brows furrowed before hitting my hand off from her wrist.

"I didn't say you should not trust people. What I said, you should not be so nice to people. And please, will you stop it? It is very rare for you to be mice to me. The last time you treat me before today was like...a year ago?"
       She teased and clicked her tongue at the end as I chuckled in shame.

"Okay, okay, fine. I'll treat you more often."
        She giggled as I stated.

Then we started walking again.
Until we reached were about to pass on the emergency room, but we standstill as the nurses greeted us.

"Hello, Doctor Park and Doctor Manoban. It's late and I am sure today is your day off, what made you go here?"
         One of our friend nurse asked.

Everyone else are bowing and smiling, plus, greeting us. We are sort of famous here, being a lead surgeon is bring on top.

"Ahh, we visited the patient that had experience comatose for a year."
          I answered and Chaeyoung nodded.

"Ahh, that patient must be very lucky. He met you and everyone knows how you paid for his whole year bill."
        The nurse commented.

"That's fine. My job isn't just because of the good salary, but mostly because I want to help."
         That might sound being boastful, but that's a fact.

"Where's the resident on duty?"
         The nurse smiled at us and that moment she smiled, another nurse from inside the ER(Emergency Room) screamed and asked.

"Why?"
        Chaeyoung asked.

"What's happening?"
        I asked.

"I think they are all on an urgent meeting, let me call for one, wait."
        One of the nurse answered and volunteered and rushed to the front desk to call out a resident on duty.

"WE NEED A DOCTOR!"
          Someone yelled and I felt my instinct suddenly pulling me to where it come from.

"Lisa."
        Chaeyoung called me, but despite of that and the fact that it is our day off, I entered and looked for the patient needing a help.