99

A: Time skip, y'all.

Anyway, I've said that i'd be posting this, supposedly, two days ago, but I've no enough inspiration to do so, and I just forced myself to get the vibe now because it's already becoming illogical.

Warning:   Don't skip any word.
     An author's advice. This chapter may be very long but everything is important.

💎💎💎

- Jennie

It has been two months since the incident.
I had two months of thinking and today is their discharge from the hospital.

I am currently in work...
But my mind isn't processing what's in front of me.
All I'm thinking twenty-four seven is the case between Yoongi and Taehyung.

I don't want to stand as a lawyer for Yoongi...
But if I stand as a lawyer for Taehyung, the judge will question that and may have a greater impact for his side.

I once asked Jisoo eonnie...
If she can replace me and stand for Taehyung...
But the way she looks at me that moment I asked...

"Eonnie...can you help?"
       I asked, she's eating and I'm ignoring the food in front of me.

"What kind of help?"
       She asked, clueless to what I am thinking.

"Remember the conditions Yoongi said when we're in hospital?"
       She wiggled her brows as a response of 'yes'.

"May you stand for Taehyung as his lawyer?"
       She stopped chewing, gave me a blank look and as seconds pass by, hernexpression change to an unapintable one.

"I-If we need to then..."
       She sighed...

And that's when I nodded and said...

"It's fine. I know I shouldn't involve you here."

It wasn't a forceful request...
I'm just thinking of possible ways to get out of the situation, and now, there's only two options left...

Go to the court with them tomorrow and get to see Taehyung getting accused, getting the punishment and imprisonment or...

Break it off.

"Jennie..."
       Jisoo eonnie came to me, holding a white envelope, like a mailing one.

I took it from her hand...
And as I opened it, my insides felt so numb.

It's an invitation, a formal letter from the judge, about the case we will have tomorrow.

My eyes close even before I had put back the letter inside the envelope.

"You have to decide..."
       Jisoo eonnie mumbled and sat on the chair in front of my desk.

"If you'll stand to any of them, he'll still face the penalty."
       She stated and I lifted my gaze up to her.

I want to beg her to do it...
But being best friends are not enough to involve each other to a situation that they are not really included.