97

A:   I removed this part on the epilogue so we won't have a several time skip and made it as an extension chapter too.

💎💎💎

- Lisa

A deep sigh from the opening door caught my full attention.

"Chaeyoung..."
       I stood up and looked st her nervously.

The way she look at me is so dull.
She seems tired and emotionless already.

"He's fine. He'll be. The bullet is on his right chest. There'll be another scar on his chest. That's all, you don't have to worry about anything except yourself, have you cleaned your wound?"
      She questioned at the end making me avoid her eyes.

"What a stubborn person."
       She mouthed before grabbing my wrist to follow her to somewhere.

We entered her office...
Where I only can find papers on the table, clean couch and tidy things.

"Nurse? Please take me some hydrogen peroxide and antiseptic. Thank you."
       She commanded to her assistant nurse and she bowed us before obeying the command.

"So, what now?"
       She sat on her office chair, leaned her back and crossed her arms in front of her.

I gave her a blank look, not really sure of whay she's asking. And plus, I'm not fond of thinning properly, not now, it's too messed up to even be in a proper mind.

"What now? Now that you're starting to avoid what you should've avoided just from the beginning?"
       She clarified and that's when my head dropped, my eyes looked at my fiddling fingers.

"I..."
     I can't even answer.

"Look, Manoban. It's not that I'm blaming you for having this fucking life, but I still can remember the days I'm mouthing to you that what you're doing to that patent is enough and even more than enough but then you still continued helping the guy. I had lost the count of how many times I'm going to say, Lalisa, we don't this human, you don't even know his name. But what, Manoban? Now we're here. You, your life fucked up. Got cheated twice with the same woman, caught a bullet for nothing, and here, having her best friend scolding her for doing everything she did. This is so ridiculous."
       I can hear her concern, and I can feel pity towards my own self but then...

I can't really feel regretful of what I did...
I love him, but I think I had my hopes higher that it should be which is the most wrong thing I have done in this part of my life.

"I love him..."
      Is all what I've answered and she sighed deeper than how she did after taking an exit from the operating room.

"I don't want to say this, but you're a stupid martyr."
       She commented with such of a blunt expression.

"No, Chaey..."
       This time, I responded and she gave me a suspicious look while leaning her back at the support of her office chair and crossing her arms in front of her.