Chapter Eleven

BROOKLYN

BROOKLYN

The fire crackles in front of my face. I am still in Spencer's hoodie, but he is nowhere in sight. Grayson and Spencer decided to go night surfing. It makes me very nervous when he pulls stunts like this though and it is very dangerous for him to be out without a light.

Even though we may not be together I still am very protective of him. Grayson, on the other hand, is very reckless. Tori needs to watch her heart and whom she is giving it too. I hope Grayson doesn't wreck her. Tori has a very strong appearance like a lion, but under that, she is a helpless sheep.

"So, how are you and Grayson?" I ask Tori.

"Good. I think he could be the one," she responds in a sure voice.

"I never got the whole story on how you guys met," I say hoping to get the details.

"Well," Tori starts. "I met him in a bar. It was very magical. Though I was half drunk, I still remember it like it was yesterday. He came up and sat by me and then after a few shots I went to his place. The rest is history."

"How much do you know about him?" I question.

"Why does it matter?" She shouts out of nowhere.

"Okay, calm down. I'm just looking out for you. I don't want to see you hurt," I say in a faint whisper.

"That's funny. You are leading Liam on so he thinks he has a chance and sneaking around with Spencer. You probably didn't think I noticed you two sneaking away, but it was as obvious as holding up a fucking sign! I thought you were supposed to be better!" Tori shouts.

"How dare you question my engagement with Liam. At least I am engaged and have a successful relationship!" I shout back and see my words hit her like bullets. I don't mean what I am saying. The anger is just fuming inside of me like a volcano and the words are erupting out of my mouth.

"That's just it! Just because you are engaged doesn't mean you are the queen of relationships and know what is right or who is right for me!"

At this point, I am done and walk away. Tori is just making me angry and I don't want to even say any more words. All I was going to say is I think he cheated, but of course, she can't shut her mouth for two seconds to hear me out.

The only reason why I am thinking this is because the night I picked up Spencer I saw him making out with another girl and before we drove off he got in his car with her. She is so hung up on him that she probably won't even believe me in the first place. So, why bother?

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Spencer jogging up the beach. He is wet and gorgeous with one strand of hair falling over his eye. I can't think about how hot he is. I'm supposed to be mad right now.

I stay on the path to the road. How am I going to get home? I am certainly not slowing down to find out. I could just walk home. It's not a bad walk maybe ten minutes tops.

"Brooklyn!" Spencer shouts.

I don't turn around or stop and that makes him shout again.

"What!" I shout back and turn around to face him. He is closer than I thought. So, close I can hear his heavy breaths. This is also when I get a look of Tori sitting on the log with Grayson trying to calm her down.

"What happened? We heard shouting," he questions.

"Nothing," I snap and look towards the sidewalk. "I just want to go home."

"I'll drive you. Just let me take this off unless you want to right here?" He smirks.

Really? Why is he flirting here? In this situation? I'm already furious and I don't need a boy that isn't my fiancé flirting. So, I do what is the most mature thing, I ignore him.

"Hurry up," I sigh and sit down on the curb.

Spencer runs off and I see him talking to Grayson for a couple of minutes before he goes into the beach showers. About five minutes later he comes back out and heads over to where I am currently.

The whole walk to the car is silent. I think Spencer can feel the anger radiating off of me and knows not to poke the bear.

"So, have you picked out your dress yet?" He says hesitantly trying to make a conversation.

I give him an answer with my eyes. It just so happens to be a glare and it shuts him up quickly.

"Thanks again," I mumble before getting out of the car.

Finally, I am home and I want nothing else than to find my bed and hibernate. Turning the key, the door swings open and I walk to my room. When I get to my bed, I sprawl into it face first and doze off.