Chapter Sixteen

BROOKLYN

BROOKLYN

I feel both good and bad today. Good because Spencer is by my side as we cuddle in bed. Bad because I am still very much engaged to another man. Now, I have considered my options on how to approach this situation. I could tell him and come clean or I could keep it a secret and get Spencer out of my system. I chose option two as the collateral damage is at a minimum.

"It's like we are going back two years," Spencer whispers in my ear. Goosebumps erupt on my skin as his hot breath warms my skin.

"If I remember correctly we didn't talk much two years ago," I laugh.

"America's sweetheart, Brooklyn West, is making a sexual reference," he gasps.

I chuckle at his words and in one swift movement, I am under Spencer as he trails light kisses down my neck. After he kisses my collar bone lightly his lips finally meet mine. It's not too long before we deepen the kiss and his tongue clashes with mine. He groans at the contact.

"Brooklyn!" I hear a male voice shout. Spencer and I immediately fly apart.

"Hide," I say with wide eyes.

Spencer looks around the room in a panic and decides that under the bed is a reasonable hiding place, so I help him slide his very broad body under the king-sized bed.

"Hurry," I whisper.

I then hear jiggling on the doorknob and help him shove his feet underneath. I hear a loud noise followed by a groan and I instantly knew he bumped his head.

"One second. I'm naked!" I shout.

"That won't stop me," Liam says before walking into the room. "So, how is my wonderful fiancé?"

"Amazing," I smile.

He then goes in for a kiss and I just peck his lips before moving to the bed. Once I sit down I see a foot poking out from underneath the bed and I kick it.

I hear a grunt and I cough to cover it up.

"Are you okay?" Liam asks.

"Yeah, just allergies. You know pollen," I cough.

"I can make you some soup," Liam says as he gets up.

"No need. I have some in the fridge," I lie.

Liam looks at me like he knows something is up, but then it masks over with love.

"Okay. Do you want to watch a movie?" He asks.

"Oh, no. Tori is coming over soon. It's exclusively girl's night and she would kill me if I had a guy over," I laugh at the thought. Tori would kill me if I had a guy over on girl's night.

"Well then I'll head out," Liam kisses me on the head before walking out my bedroom door.

I know he is gone once I hear the door click shut and the sound of his engine starting. Spencer gets out from under the bed with a smirk. I know trouble is coming and it only worsens once I see the shine in his eyes.

"Were you lonely?" I say with a pouty face.

"No because I had this for company," he says and holds up one of my thongs. It was black with lace detailing.

My mouth drops open and Spencer walks over to me.

"Shut your mouth or you'll catch a fly," his fingertips gently close my mouth and his lips seal them with a kiss.

A buzzing noise pulls us out of the moment and Spencer groans as he takes out his phone. He holds up his pointer finger and steps to the other side of the room.

This gives me time to think about Spencer and Liam. I don't know what to do. Should I stay and get married to Liam? I bet I'll live a happy life or should I end the engagement with Liam and go with Spencer? I know I will live a happy life, but what is putting me at odds is letting Liam down. He was always there when I needed a friend and it hurts my heart to think of doing this to him. I am doing this to him though. I am cheating on my fiancé because my stupid mind can't stay away. It's like a moth drawn to a flame. I can't stay away even if I try.

I look over to Spencer to see his eyes widen whomever he is talking to just hit him in the heart.

"I'll be on the next flight over," Spencer mumbles.

He hangs up the phone and falls to his knees. I look at him with shock as I never saw him like this. What happened? Without asking the burning question I run over to him and sit beside him. His eyes were cloudy with tears. Whatever happened is bad.

"My dad is back in the hospital. He had a seizure and they don't think he'll make it overnight," Spencer cries.

I immediately wrap him in my arms. I know the feeling of getting that call that a parent is dying. I got the same call with my mom.

"I have to go," he whispers as a tear falls along his perfectly tanned cheek.

"I'll go with," I say with determination.

"I can't ask you to do that," Spencer says.

"I'm telling you I am going," I whisper and hug him tighter.

I begin to throw clothes in a suitcase after we get untangled. Before I walk out the door I shoot a text to Tori: "I'm going to New York for a couple of days. Cover for me please."

"Let's go," I smile up at Spencer hoping to get a smile back, but I never do.

Oh, Spencer. How much I wish I can take the pain away.