✔ Chapter 2

***

***

I knock on the door. I do not feel the presence of another soul in the room and the door is unlocked. So I do the most natural thing anyone in my position would do. I open the door and step inside. I was right. The principal isn't here.

A few minutes ago the speakers in the hall summoned me and another person - Ashton Woods.

He is another friend of Xavier, the guy who I crashed into today, along with two other students Jordan Wilson and Nathan James. Ashton is quite funny and the jokester of the group, or so I have heard. He has got blonde hair and brown eyes. He is quite handsome in my opinion but unfortunately, gets friend-zoned by the ladies because of Xavier.

Jordan on the other hand is a geek. Everybody knows that but is to afraid to say that to his face because if they did Xavier would probably beat the crap out of them. Unlike Ashton he has black hair and green eyes.

Nathan is quite the flirt. Every group has that one idiot and for this group it would be Nathan.

Xavier is another specimen. A perfect mixture of a flirt, prankster and a boxing champion, ladies love him and the guys want to be like him.

I have no idea about what I have done this time, and can only assume that it isn't something as bad as last time. The last time I was here it was because of a food fight that caused me a month's detention.

I feel a presence hovering behind me and I turn only to be met with a fierce pair of eyes looking at me furiously. Our Principal. Ms. Bernard. To say she hates me would be an understatement. She is a single mom and has a son of my age. Alec. She and I don't have the best history between us and she avoids me like plague. So this must be really important if she wanted to meet me.

I nod at her and she gestures to the seat telling me to sit down. Soon enough Ashton comes in with a smile and sits down next to the chair. I fidget with my ears sub-consciously. Its a habit I do when I am nervous.

''Miss Grey and Mr. Woods, do you know why you are here?'' she says with a sharp edge to her tone.

''No,'' we both say together and when I look at him he smiles at me. I smile tightly back at him hoping that he wouldn't see right through the smile. He wouldn't and he couldn't. I hate it when she says my surname. I don't need anyone to remind me of who I am and who I have become.

''Mr. Woods your failing all your classes and Miss. Grey is you are quite good at what you do so put two and two together and figure out what you want to do. I will not tolerate no for an answer. Now if you'd excuse me I have a school and business to run,'' she says and dismisses us.

So she wants me to tutor him?

We both get out of her office and Ashton is still smiling.

''What?''

''What do you mean by what?'' he says still smiling.

''Why are you smiling like that?'' I ask. Why the hell is he so happy?

''What's your name or should I just call you Miss. Grey?'' he asks smiling obviously noticing my discomfort.

''Katrina is fine,'' I say,'' So when do you want to start with your tutoring lessons?''

''Next week,'' he says casually and that smile has gone form his face.

My eyes bulge upon hearing this and he just walks past me. He suddenly stops, turns and says,'' Who are you sitting with lunch today?''

''No one,'' I reply silently praying to all gods that I know that he wouldn't ask me to sit with him at lunch.

''Then your sitting with us, Katrina,'' he states not leaving a choice and with that he leaves leaving me alone in the once crowded hallways.

There is no way I am sitting with them!

***