✔ Chapter 42 : 1.0

* * *

* * *

*Katrina's POV'

* * *

Battle scars cover every inch of my body.

Whether new or old, it doesn't matter especially in my case. Last night was a horrid and a petrifying night to go through. I have no idea of what I dreamed about but when I did wake up and tried to get ready for school I saw scars on my body that hadn't dared to make an appearance since four years.

In addition to that, I discovered that there had been four more streaks of pastel blue running through my hair in the morning for no apparent reason. But then again, everything that happened to me might or might not have an appropriate reason that I would want to hear.

Putting my hair in a tight bun I decide to go without my wig today, so Xavier can atleast see a part of me. The real me. Abigail was furious that I had been invited to The Timeless Ball by Melissa Knight herself and Amelia was happy.

Hayden seemed in deep thought when I told him about Xavier probably deciding which weapon would be better and leave no room for suspects when he kills him. I just hope that the twins are not girls otherwise....dear Lord, bless them.

Lines and small cuts with blood seeping through them run all along my torso, some short and some long enough to stretch from one end of my body to the other. A loud horn cuts me short in my thoughts.

Slipping my feet in my shoes, I exit the house and see the side of Xavier's face who looks ahead, his eyes on the road even when the car isn't moving.

After Jordan whispers something to him, his face turns in the direction that I am walking and a smile makes a way onto his face. Seeing him smile, unknowingly I begin to smile to and I get in Xavier's new car that can possibly accomadate five people all at once.

"Sup, girl?" Jordan asks me, smiling way too brightly and giving me a high-five something he hasn't done before. Or maybe he has. Aah! Who know? I have shitty memory.

Thank God, you know that, at least.

"So, where to?" I ask pretending that my stomach doesn't hurt at all when I speak.

"We'll shop first and then eat," Xavier says as he turns on the air conditioner. Taking a u-turn he heads in the same direction they came from.

Jordan and Ashton sit beside me, Jordan a bit further than Ashton whilst Nathan sits ahead along with Xavier driving the car. Ashton looks at me giving my hair a wary look and my hands unconsciously fly up to the messy tight bun which almost suffocates my hair.

I begin fixing it and Ashton's hand stops me. "Let it be," he says and he puts my hand down.

Jordan noticing the words that were spoken by Ashton looks at me giving me a puzzled look. His eyes seem to scan my entire face and finally they rest on my hair. His mouth is open and his jaw has probably landed on the floor along with his eyeballs which seem to be popping out of their sockets, just a bit, though.