✔ Chapter 50

* * *

* * *

I wake up to the blinding light and a horrible pain in my head. Opening my eyes the first thing I notice is that the bed I'm sleeping on is not mine and I am in someone else's room. Getting up, hurriedly and notice Nathan's familiar window and then it clicks me.

I am in Katrina's house.

Thinking of her name in my mind makes my stomach clench and I feel a hole grow inside my heart. I don't know what I did yesterday but I'm pretty sure it must have been embarrassing.

The floor feels wet and for a split second I wonder why before my mind drifts off to the bunny socks that weren't there the previous night. I get out of the room not bothered to remove the socks because they actually feel good and my straight face comes back when I head downstairs.

I find Katrina sitting on the sill of the window silently crying, thinking no one notices her tears as they hit the ground one by one. She's looking out the window watching the leaves fall from the trees. Weeks ago it was raining heavily and now fall has arrived.

Her head snaps to mine and e lock gazes but this time, something is wrong. Very wrong. Instead of seeing big, brown eyes I see deadly maroon eyes coated with pain. In that moment I realize that she is not real.

She never was. She acted like a girl and made me fall for her and now she is crying, without her lenses on. I asked her for removing her mask and talking to me but now I wish I hadn't.

''You're awake,'' she says and flashes me her signature smile.

Seeing her face, it's only now that I think that the smile she is showing me isn't real.

''Hmm,'' I reply.

''I'm sorry,'' she says and flashbacks of that incident come running back in my head, ''I didn't mean to hurt you.''

''But you did,'' I say and she flinches at how cold I sound, ''You hurt me, you fooled me to believe everything was alright with you when in reality you're a mess-''

''-What was I supposed to say to you? That I had depression? That I had anxiety? That I have post traumatic disorder? That the world thinks my brothers a killer because he took the blame of me killing my parents? What was I supposed to say to you?'' she replies and her voice cracks in the last part.

''Something, you should have let me in, love. You should have. We all have our demons-'' I try to reason her but instead she blinks back the tears in her eyes.

She looks at me, the tears vanishing almost as quickly as they came and says, ''You're right Xavier, all of us have our demons but you're brave enough to show them. I'm not. I'm not as strong as you and from the day I was born, I've not had the privilege to decide what path I wanted to go on.

Everything was decided for me and I'm done, I'm done. Done with al this bullshit and I refuse to accept my destiny because I can't take it. Not any fucking longer. I'm tired of waiting around for the right time to arrive and I want to be free.'' she says and the glasses on the shelves of the house fall down. The time comes to a halt.

She looks at me and then sighs, her hands turning a light shade of blue and she says, ''24 Culver Street, Burlington.''

''Huh?'' I say, totally clueless as to what she is talking about.

''Get the whole gang at 24 Culver Street, Burlington including Indiana and Aiden. Also, tell Indiana to share the Legend Of Oceania with you guys before, I'll see you over there,'' she explains.

Climbing up the stairs she goes up to her room and I decide to call Nathan and the rest of the gang telling each one of them that I'll meet them in five to ten minutes.

There are keys kept on the table by Katrina, I assume and I take them. Getting the SUV out of the garage, I drive off to Nathan's house first then Jordan's followed by Ashton's and then finally Indiana's where Aiden is also present.

* * *

''This is freaking me out,'' Ashton's says as he clings onto Nathan's arms and I see a familiar bike parked in the driveway of the creepy-looking house. getting out of the car, my feet hurt when we walk inside the iced gates as the thorns impale my shoes and go further into my skin.

''Why are we here?'' Nathan says.

At the same time Indiana, Aiden and Jordan share a knowing look which tells me that they know something we don't. Indiana told us to The Legend Of Oceania and I still am wondering how is that related to Katrina.

''Come in,'' a voice says just as we're about to knock and as I take a step inside. I find Katrina sitting on the tabletop in leggings and a loose t-shirt that covers her arms.

''Katrina, why are we here?'' Jordan asks in a tone which makes him seem as if he fears something or rather someone.

When she doesn't reply, Aiden answers, ''She's telling us her story.''

In a tone of disbelief, Indiana's eyes snap up to mine and she glares holes into my soul and I return the glare back with no hesitation and my eyes snap back to Katrina when she says, ''Sit down.''

We all look for a place to sit and within second due to Katrina's hand swirling in different direction, few sofa seats appear and we all sit on them.

''My story,'' she begins and we all listen attentively, ''Is divided into two parts. The origin of me and the ruin of me. In simpler words my story is about a girl who was perfect and had the ideal lifestyle, who had loving parents and an over-protective brother and a girly sister. She was happy and that girl wasn't me.''

What is she talking about?

* * *

A/N : Every single person who wanted to know who she is, vote.