Chapter 26

* * *

* * *

"I can't eat anymore," I whine, "I'm done. Nathan. Done."

"If you don't have this then you're wounds are never going to heal," he says shaking his head in disappointment.

"My wounds will heal no matter what!"

"Fine. Just one more bite."

I hesitate and he gives me a look which dares me to oppose what he just said. Reluctantly taking a bite of the food that was specially made for me just to avoid more bickering.

Nathan and Ashton had dropped me off at my home when I had gotten a message from Abby that Aunt Stephanie has left, and Hayden and Amelia have gone to attend a case in London, again.

Today was a Friday, so I already knew that Abby wouldn't be at home. So I asked both the goof balls to drops me at my home. When they came to know that no one was going to be there, they insisted on staying the night.

Nathan stayed in my house while Ash stayed at Xavier's. Both of them had gone to the grocery store to make me food that sick people eat and trust me, that it was something even the biggest food addicts wouldn't like to try.

Yet, I had three-fourth of the portion just so Nathan could be satisfied. I don't get it, though. Why the hell do you want to cook for a sick person, when you know that you damn well that you can't?

Nathan takes the tray he had gotten into my room to the kitchen with a victorious smile on his face.

The curtains are closed, but yet, I can see the very faint outline of Xavier in the room. He slightly opens his curtains and peeped in my room and that is when our eyes meet. But he doesn't know that.

Sighing, he closes the curtain and sits on his bed switching on the television occasionally glancing at my window.

Should I talk to him?

Yes, yes, you should. So that he can know exactly how bad you're hurt. Good job, Katrina. Good job. Proud of you.

I roll my eyes at my thoughts when Nathan comes in peeping in my room and my attention turns towards him.

"Are you alright, K?" he asks his voice laced with concern and I nod.

He comes and sits at the edge of my bed and looks at me, while I play with my ears. A habbit of mine that I do when I am nervous.

"Why do you race, K?" he asks shifting one of his legs on my bed.

Not wanting to reply I ask, "Why do you ask?"

"I have never seen anyone race with the ferocity that you do. I mean like when you race, you look free. Like nothing in this world can stop you. So if you are like that, why do you keep yourself hidden in school?"

"Perhaps one day, Nate, I'll tell you," I say looking away.

His explanation makes the blood inside run cold. No one has ever seen me broken except of him and Ashton now.

I mean, literally, like broken. He nods in understanding and follows my gaze towards the window when slowly a smirk forms on his face.

"So, what are you going to tell Xavier?" he asks and my ears perk up at the mention of his name.

"I don't know. I think I'll say that I tripped on the stairs and hurt myself really badly," I say shrugging and h looks at me like I am the most dumbest person in this universe.

After recovering from his shock he nods and leaves saying that I need to sleep now. He switches off the light on his way out and I lay back hoping for my body to be relaxed.

I'll resume my school from tomorrow again and I need to be in good health. I turn to my right side so that it pains less, facing the side of Xavier's room and stare out.

Something doesn't feel right.

The light in the opposite room is switched off. I wonder what he is thinking right now. I wonder so many things. So many things about him. As if what he is hiding. What is keeping him from showing his true side?

I see Xavier switch on the lamp again and gets up inching towards the photo that I saw day before yesterday. He takes it with him on the bed and the lights go out.

He sleeps with the photo. Smiling to myself, I try to sleep but the best part is, that I don't sleep a wink because I
keep on wondering what the hell is going to happen next?

* * *

A/N : Sup! We have almost got 1k. Hoping by tomorrow it would reach there, I am really happy people are liking my books. I really wish to make the votes go higher, but that is not the most important thing on my mind right now.

It is that I have a language test tomorrow and I am sitting here waiting my book but it is fine because my book is in English and well.....I am writing English.

Get it!

Yeah, no!

Please God help me. And please the people reading this pray for me that I don't die 'cause there is a possibility I might.

This author's note has now gone way too big so bye with an e.

Lmao.

Love,

~ Camellia