Chapter 30

* * *

* * *

Do not skip author's note below. If you do then I swear to god, I will find you and then shred you into pieces with a paper shredder.

*I am Kidding*

No, I am not kidding and not joking either.

Anyways back to the Story....

* * *

Its pouring outside.

Raining like cats and dogs probably, and I am sitting in Xavier's mansion, staring out of the window watching the raindrops fall. It started pelt down when we were sitting in Xavier's cars. The rain came lashing down and within an hour or so, the area that we passed by had been flooded by the water that escaped from the clouds. When Xavier bought me to his 'house' to say I was devastated would be a delicacy.

I always had the impression that the bungalow he owned next to mine was his actual home but when I saw that he lived in a mansion, I was stunned. The mansion in itself was gorgeous and when I asked Xavier who his parents were he just casually replied that his parents were Cole Knight and Melissa Evans.

Now if you don't know who these two are, then let me explain it. Cole Knight is a world-renowned business man who fell in love with his personal secretary Melissa Evans at the age of 23. Melissa Evans is also the author of the bestseller 'Broken Promises' which she wrote after she was married.

The Knight family has two kids, both boys. The younger one being Xavier and the elder one who is Aiden. My parents were really close to them and often a family invited the other for dinner. I have been anticipating the dinner that the Knight's are going to have tonight because I really want to see if they are able to recognize me or not.

Most likely they won't be able to owning to the fact that I am nothing like what I used to be and with my brown lenses and a wig, I don't think they ever will be able to guess that I am Blake Montez's daughter.

It suddenly crosses my mind that it has been so long since I have even thought about my father. His green eyes stealing glances at my mom's short copper brown hair or how my mom used to sing to me each and every time there was thunder. How her sweet voice rang throughout the house when she used to chant during the time that I used to get nightmares.

How my father used to kiss my forehead. These are little things that I won't ever forget but also the things that I can't seeing that these are the only memories left by my parents to me.

The rain sheets down harder than before and along with the droplets out of the window, a tear rolls down my cheek. I wipe it away with the back of sleeves. I look at he cloud and wonder if it is easier to hold the pain or let it go. The clouds hold the pain until a point of time where they can't take it anymore, bursting open and letting the drop of water come down.

Would it be fair if I said that the things that happened to me were exactly like the cloud. God gave me pain and I went through it, alone, but I reached the climax and I couldn't take it anymore so I ruptured, putting my emotions on display for the whole world to see. However when rain pours down they help other people and so comparing me to such a blessing wouldn't be the best choice out there.