Chapter 27

* * *

* * *

I wake up with a scream.

A scream that is not my own but still frightens me more than necessary, getting out of my bed whilst untangling the sheets that are wrapped around my legs, I almost trip on my way outside the door.

I come into the living room and see that everything is perfectly normal over there. No intruders. If there are no thieves, then I have to say that it is quite unnatural for Abby to scream that way. I mean I am guessing it is Abby because there is no one in our house except for her and me.

Nathan left three hours ago, he had a race today.

Confused out of my mind, I make my way towards her room. It has been so much time since I have entered her room. I stand in front of the wood-textured door where Abigail is written on a glass name-plate in big bold letters. I remember that I had painted the name-plate for her when we were six.

Oh! Good old days. I miss them. Is it wrong?

I slowly enter the door not bothering to knock and I see Abby sitting on her bed, her legs pulled up to her chest and her head buried in between them. I can hear faint sobs coming from that direction and I walk towards her.

I sit on her bed putting my arms around her in order to comfort her but her sobs become worse and another painful scream erupts from her throat. I hug her and try to calm her down. What is this about?

She looks up at me, her eyes red and puffy with anger radiating in her eyes. She looks at me and throws my arms away from her, the impact making me slightly loose my balance.

"Abigail, what's wrong?" I ask.

"Why?" she questions her voice breaking, "Why did you have to take the only thing that people loved me for?"

"What are you talking about?" I say my voice being flat, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"You know damn well what I am talking about. You are the reason why we are living in this house. You are the reason our- my parents are dead. You are the reason behind everything." she shouts tears streaming down her face.

"Why did you do it, huh? Did you think it was a game. Tell me. Answer me goddammit," she says.

She waits and I realize that she waits because she wants an answer from me. But I am unable to give her. My hands are left open with nothing in them.

"Just leave, Katrina. Go enjoy your life but don't forget this that, the day they died was actually supposed to be the day you ended up dead."

I stand there frozen. Not being able to move. Not being able to speak, move my lips. Every muscle in my body has come to a halt and I can almost hear my heart slow down.

She looks away and I obey her orders. I leave the room. I get it. She doesn't want me. She wants to be alone. I am perfectly fine with that.

But she doesn't get it. She just doesn't get it. How much I hate myself for doing what I did. How much I want to be the one who died instead of them. How much I want to go back in time and change every single thing.

Every single time anybody asked if I wanted to change anything or of I had any regrets my answer would always be 'no.' But can someone tell me, who was I trying to convince.

The world or myself.

I have always known that what I did was wrong and I was fine with it. Fine with people seeing me as a disgrace. One that's not good for anything. I had no one to impress but now I don't need for anyone to remind me that I am not perfect.

I have done mistakes. But sadly, these are the ones that can't be corrected. I can surely learn from them, but the question is will I?

I lost my parents that they too. She thinks I don't feel the remorse. That I don't feel guilty at all. She must think so lowly of me.

But the harsh truth is, everybody does. Everybody thinks I am a goody-two-shoes, not capable of anything. But only if they knew.

Only if they knew, the girl that lies inside. The girl that can rule this earth but chooses not to. The girl that is hidden in my skin. The girl that comes alive when she races.

My true self. Not the one who is a good girl. Not the one who races. Not the one who knows how to defend herself or the one who can aim better with a bow and arrow than a gun.

The girl who doesn't need any weapons because her she is one. She is trained to torture and kill, work in fear-dwelled situations.

I told you that I have a mask that no one knows about and will never know about. Because the girl that I am talking about is way too dangerous to be let out in this world.

Is she the one who is dangerous or is it that the world is just weak?

* * *

A/N : I had my exam today and it went good, to say the least. Had a essay for 10 marks so.....*insert me squealing here.*

So now we know that Katrina's parents died because of her.....well sort of.

If you know who she actually is....comment and let me know. Let's see how well you can guess, lovelies.

On a second note 1.2k is just brilliant for me. I mean 1st book on Wattpad, and getting so many reads is like 'wow!'

Today, btw is our one-month anniversary. So *insert audience clapping and me shedding tears* I am so proud of myself.

So thank you, like alot, for people who showed support to me and my in-house editor and my awesome mom IramSameer.

Go follow her, people if you have the time. A totally chill mom, might I add.

Love her. She kind of proof reads my work and honestly gives me heavy critism and I love her. So cheers to all of that.

I think of posting double chapters tomorrow because, I just gave an explanation above but I have school tomorrow so I will think. Yes, people, I have a school on SATURDAY.

Ah! The terror.

Can you guys like tell me some nice books to read on Wattpad 'cause I am bored.

My library is already filled with like 150 books so I might not be able to take your suggestion but please give me some advice.

This author's not has gotten way too long so bye,

Love,

~Camellia