Chapter 28

* * *

* * *

Kick.

Kick.

Kick.

I look back and glare at the infamous bad boy of our school.

"What is it?" I ask gritting my teeth.

"Nothing, love, nothing," he says.

I turn around.

Kick.

I spin around and hiss, "What the hell is it?"

He just shrugs and my anger grows causing me to shout at Xavier, "Well obviously there is something, because you have been kicking my chair since the past five freaking minutes!" is what I say.

He just shrugs and turns his attention towards the teacher that just entered the room.

Stupid idiot.

Doing the same I look at the teacher who writes surprise test on the board making my veins run cold.

Shit! I didn't learn.

Wait, isn't it supposed to be like a surprise test.

The question sheets come down my way and try to cheat by looking at the sheet before the actual time starts.

"Don't cheat, love," is what the person behind me says kicking my chair once again.

The substitute teacher gives us all a look and says, "You may begin now."

I turn my page faster than lightening only to find myself utterly confused.

What is Dna?

When the hell did we learn this? Wait, wasn't this cancelled out of the portion. We are not supposed to learn this. Not now. Not tomorrow. Not ever.

I swear to god, I am going to fail and then end up jobless. I can see it. Me sitting on the streets begging for food and money. Oh My God! Please help me. I swear to god if you do, I will go to the church every Sunday, donate more money and help everyone I see on the streets. Please.

Focus, Katrina!

Yes, you're right. I need to focus. Okay, well what is the dna of a human. It's a self-replicating material which is present in all living organisms, I guess?

Or it could be seven good-looking guys that come together to form a band called BTS under the genre of K-Pop, dance and sing. Their title track of one of their albums is called as DNA.

I shake my head at my thoughts proceeding to write the first answer that came in my mind. I check the clock. Fifteen minutes left until lunch.

My stomach grumbles and I start to think about the food that will be served today.