Chapter 38

* * *

* * *

I have no idea of what to make of him.

He says his sister died because of him. But how? I don't get it. Was it him who injected the Mercury in her veins? He thinks that of he had not gone to the party then she wouldn't have burnt the house down and she wouldn't have ever gone to the doctors.

But does he know, that if he had stayed then there was a possibility that he could have died.

He doesn't get it that's he wasn't the only one. She wasn't the only elementae or meta-human.

The earth is made up of eight elements : fire, air, water, earth, ice, darkness, light, nature. There are other people living in this world with powers trying their best to hide it.

Mercury is a dangerous substance when injected into an elementae's body. It slowly and painfully kills them. Mercury and silver stone are some of the things that elementae's shouldn't even touch.

It's too harmful.

All of this was told to me by my mother. Those late night stories and legends are finally paying off.

"What do you want to do now, love?" he asks me turning his attention towards me.

"I don't know, I was thinking of eating something," I say, shrugging my shoulders.

"What do you wanna eat?" he asks totally disregarding the fact that I just drank a large cup of coffee in the café.

Obviously, it was I who paid because if he did, then man I would have flipped. Sure, we argued a lot but in the end it is me who won because, I am the best at arguments.

People have actually come up to me and said that I should pursue law as a career.

"Anything is fine with me," I rely after a moment.

"Cool, how about Chinese?" he asks raising his eyebrows.

"Nah," I say my mouth turning sour at the mention of Chinese for some reason. I mean usually I fine with eating anything, but I don't know about Chinese.

"Italian," he suggest.

I simply shake my head. Not in the mood to eat pizza. I literally have that like everyday.

"Russian," he advises.

"Who the heck has Russian cuisine?" I ask.

"What about Lebanese, love?"

"Not in the mood Xave," I say.

"What the eff do you want to have then?" he says flailing his arms around, his voice slightly raising a bit.

He get agitated so easily.

Trying to get on his nerves even more I say, "Anything is fine with me."