Chapter 31

* * *

* * *

I slowly make my way down the stairs.

To say that I am totally calm would be a lie. A very horrible lie. My hands are shaking and my legs are not stable. This is the part where I come to know that how many people can actually recognize me.

Cole Knight and Melissa Evans, two people that I was familiar with have now become strangers to me. None of them know me for now and I don't think so they ever will for that girl was buried long ago in her own skin.

A hand steadies me just as I miss the step and Xavier comes behind me whispering, "It's okay, love. They'll like you."

His word spread a shiver down my spine and I don't know whether it is the intensity of his words or the closeness that sends a chill.

I slowly nod and bite my lower lip continuing to walk down the stairs.

I enter the dining room after a few confusing left and right turns. Just as the big door opens three people to stare at me excluding the staff.

Aiden has this grin on his face seeing the closeness between his younger brother and me, making me move away from Xavier.

Cole Knight watches with amusement and the worldwide author has a shocked expression etched onto her face. Xavier walks ahead of me and gestures for me to sit down and I give the whole family a small wave.

Don't you think it is too early for meeting his parents, I mean we still are on that I-hate-you stage of life.

I sit opposite of Aiden and Xavier sits next to his brother. Melissa and Cole sit on the opposite ends of the table.

Dinner is served by one of the staffs and my mouth immediately starts watering upon seeing the kind of heaven kept in front of me.

Nothing catches my eye except of the lasagna kept whose top is dripping with cheese. There are other few items kept on the table such as avocado salad, steak and a three layer cake with some pesto pasta and mac' and cheese pizza.

My eyes widen upon seeing so much food causing Melissa to apologize saying, "Xavier told me that a guest would be coming over to our house so I assumed that it were the boys and so I asked the chef to prepare that much. I am really sorry if it is overwhelming for you."

She says it in the perfect British-American accent that she had years ago.

"It's fine Mrs. Knight." I say dressing her last name to make myself seem as polite as possible.

"Call me Melissa," she says offering me a small, kind smile which I without hesitation return.

She hasn't changed even a bit. My memories of their families are very less and some are forgotten but in each and every memory Melissa has always been kind and humble.