Chapter 25

* * *

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

* * *

Agony.

It's all I feel, right now. Pain in every part of my body. The kind of pain that make me want to cry out loud for God's sake.

12 hours. It has been 12 hours since I crashed and it wasn't good. I was put for almost 10 hours and I had been woken up by Ashton giving me a bone-crushing hug.

There is a cast around my leg, a neatly wrapped gauge around my elbow, baind-aids where I have got small cuts and last but not least my head.

My head is the most worst condition it has ever been in. I had a mild concussion and the news of the earthquake was all over the news everyone wondering how it happened because that was the only part of the town that experienced it first hand.

I was just lucky enough, to be there and not die.

When I woke up I was entangled in white silk sheets surrounded by four off-white coloured walls and the curtains teal in colour. Sleeping on a king sized bed and fluffy pillows made me remember the old days.

I am sitting right now, in a room. Just a plain simple room. I count the number of squares on the checkered type wall to pass my time.

Nathan and Ashton have gone to school. They said that Xavier had asked about me as to why I had not been home yesterday night but they just shrugged it off and changed the topic.

317. 318. 319. 320. 321. 322. 323.

I keep on counting again and again and don't stop till the phone beeps making me jump.

I reach over to pick the phone and see that it is fully charged. Switching on the phone, my phone starts beeping vigorously and I check my messages.

8 messages from Xavier. Are you kidding me?

I seem to say that alot these days.

I open them and what I read is :

Mr. Bad Boy : Look, love I don't know why you left my house like that but I don't have a good feeling about it.

Mr. Bad Boy : I am really sorry if I hurt your feeling in any way, I swear to god, please come back, I'll do anything, love.

Mr. Bad Boy : Can u atleast tell me why exactly you're mad at me?

Mr. Bad Boy : Are u alright?

Mr. Bad Boy : Why aren't you answering me, love? Tell me is everything alright.

Mr. Bad Boy : If you don't answer me now, then I am coming to your house.

Mr. Bad Boy : Why the hell aren't you there at your house?

Mr. Bad Boy : Can you please answer me, love?

I smile to myself for no reason and try to get up from the bed. Slowly and steadily I get up groaning every now and then. As I go to exit the door, I see a full-length mirror which I stand in front of.

I look in the mirror and examine myself. I've got a big bruise on the highest point of my cheek, and I look terrible. Like literally, I look terrible, horrible and other synonyms. Slowly inching towards the mirror, I see some differences that I have not seen before.

A strand of ash-silver hair runs from the root to the tip of my hair. It wasn't there before. I touch it, running my hands through it, where the hell did this come from? It looks nice on my hair, so I decide to ignore it. I mean I look pretty with it. Not right now, but in the future I will.

I shrug and head towards the door taking small baby steps, not causing too much friction in the muscles of my thighs because if I do, then I might as well just faint from the pain.

I open the door and come in contact with my old friend. Stairs. you know the universe hates you when everything you do is considered an act of defiance. That was the most random thing I have ever thought.

Snorting to myself, I start heading downstairs. Reaching the end of the staircase I stare at what lies in front of me. A corridor with 6 doors. Another staircase leads to a floor down. How big is this place? This floor belongs to 'Jordan.' I mean why else would his name be written in big bold letters on the wall?

I am tempted to go inside the six rooms but decide on entering only one. I open the first door to my right and slowly go inside. What I see inside is probably the most fantabulous thing I have ever seen in my life.

Half of the room covered with shelves on which books are kept and the other half are all CUI based computers.

CUI based computers are basically the computers that have no user interface. They are made for hackers and computer experts. It mainly processes on computer language such as Java. It is a distributive computer meaning that there are a bunch of computers that work together to form one network.

Three computers sit on the desk, switched off. I sit on the chair spinning around again and again on it when my hands accidentally knocks some files over. Bending over to get those papers, causes pain to go through my back. Straightening my back, I open these files.

Flipping the pages of the files, I come to know that they work for the Pentagon, which is CIA. The files are about some wanted criminals and private information. My name lies in the list of the gang where Xavier told me he belonged.

Under my file it is written that I am a cryptographer, an excellent one, that is. So what is it like Xavier's mission or something to make me join the CIA or something? That is not what bothers me. What actually pesters me is that instead of everything falling into place why is it getting so complicated that I am not being able to understand any of it. Its like I am totally clueless. Should I trust what my heart tells me or what my gut does?

My heart tells me to believe every single thing that they have told me irrespective of what is the truth or my gut, which tells me to push them away because in the end they'll be badly hurt and I will be the one with an emotional scar.

I toss the files back to where they were kept before, get up and exit the room.

I rub my face with my palms and check the time. Nathan and Ashton might be coming any time now.

I don't think too much and go back to the room which they had put me in before.

I won't bring this topic anytime soon. I can't and I won't.

* * *

A/N : Vote. Comment. Follow. Share.