Chapter 35

* * *

* * *

I walk through the school hallways in a rush.

The bell has rung and I am not even close to getting to the lockers. I was too busy hiding from Abigail because I feel that everytime I will see her I will notice how broken she looked that day.

I never meant to hurt her or anybody for that matter. I have and never will intend to hurt someone on purpose, not even if they have done wrong things.

Seeing the fact that once I tried to act like karma and so it's job and in return the only thing that I got was misery. The universe made my life from magically beautiful to horrifying, each day when I woke up I somehow managed to convince myself that I might die...

...Four years went by and after the third year I got put into therapy as I started having post-traumatic disorder. I started loosing my consciousness very often and flashback of the past became frequent. In short, my life got messed up even more, if that is possible.

After six months of extreme therapy and yoga, I was free. I forgot everything that happened to me and almost started to live a normal life but the gods didn't want that for me.

They had planned my life entirely different as to what I had. So one terrible night I got reminded of my true self when I was racing. I don't know how it happened but it just clicked. The missing puzzles of the pieces suddenly connected to each other.

When I did more research as to why this happened, I came to know that the wonderful world we live in, the heads of it have invented something called as 'E. M. S' with the help of scientists. E. M. S stands for Erasing. Memory. Serum and I was one of the few people who had been injected by it.

I tried to find out what it was composed off but I got no clue so I kept my mouth shut, sat in a corner and did what I was born for.

So deep in my thoughts, I don't realize that someone is coming form the opposite direction. That 'someone' doesn't also seem to notice me and we collide.

We both land with a thud on the ground and I get up first rubbing my head. When I look down, I find myself staring at a girl whose hair is platinum blonde in colour and her eyes are green, light green. The colour of grass and she has noticeable freckles around her nose.

I tower over her five feet three inch frame. She wears a baby pink hoodie paired with legging and Jordan Airs.

"Sorry for that," I say to her and she looks up at me.

Her eye hold something that is not very common in Earth. Her eyes are not the colour of grass but the colour of water and trees mixed together.

I am not saying this as a metaphor but I am saying this because her eyes look as if they hold the weight of an ocean as well as forest.

"No need for that," she says politely not looking at me in the eye, "If there is anyone who should be sorry, it should be me."

She offers me a smile but it doesn't take me time to realize that it is fake. I have faked so many smiles that I know when one fakes them too and the one that I see in front of me is definitely a fake one.

Her eyes search mine like I did for her but I know that she won't find any answers because Xavier was right, 'these aren't my eyes.' They are covered from the rest of the world owing to the fact that there is so much pain that one can handle.

The more time I look into her eyes, the surer I become of who she is.

She extends her arm and says, "Indiana, but you can call me Indie."

I shake her hand and without thinking I blurt out, "You're an Atlantian."

She looks at me horrified and I need duct tape so that I can put the tape on my mouth before I say some more stupid things.

"I'm sorry," I apologize again, "My name is Katrina."

She simply gives me a stiff nod and we both part ways, she going to the right end of the hallway while go in the opposite direction.

As I watch here retreating form, I become more confident about the statement I made earlier saying that that she belonged to Atlantis.

Many people think that Atlantis is a myth but it isn't. There are people who live down there and every year, the ones who turn eighteen are given the choice to either go Above or to stay in Atlantis.

Many children prefer to stay in Atlantis because of the amenities provided and of course you can't identify every Atlantian out there but Indie wasn't so hard to recognize.

She should have covered her eyes. If anyone gets to her before I do, she might die.

It is too dangerous for her to be living in a world full of humans.

It's like a choosing ceremony happens with every child when you turn eighteen, but the exception to that rule is humans. Humans can't actually choose where they want to go because it seems that other realms aren't 'suitable' enough for them, so they stay where they are. The best part is, only people high enough in the society know about this whole fiasco and commoners like normal people don't.

However other creatures like, vampires, werewolves, witches, Atlantians are given a choice. They can either stay in their homeland or leave it for the human realm.

Identifying such mystic creatures cannot be possible for every mortal, at least that is what my report on 'supernatural realms' said.

For now Indie, to me, is an Atlantian and I don't not need confirmation but I need to protect her at all costs, she might just know where is the thing that has been saved for over a millennium is kept.

I need to be careful.

That is the last thought that I think before I knock on the classroom door fretted by my favorite teacher teaching my favorite subject.

Maths, here I come.

* * *

A/N : So, on a scale from one to ten, how much did you like this chapter?

I would give it a 7.5 as story became less foggy so now you know how this story is a dystopian.

I am again reminding you that this book is a pure work of fiction and dystopian romance and I would advice if you want to solve the mystery before than anyone else, then you read the book extremely carefully magnifying each and every little detail.

Vote, if you liked this chapter and comment your favorite songs as I need a new playlist....

Bye,

Love,

~Mehek.