✔ Chapter 16

* * *

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

* * *

Another day skipped. I skipped another day at school because my cold is getting worse. It's like at certain intervals of time my lungs are contrasting and it is getting hard for me to breathe. It's like the air is getting sucked out of my lungs each and every single time.

I can't breathe properly. I can't eat properly neither can I drink anything. I haven't even slept a wink since the past three days. I look like a mess. My hair is not combed, I have eye-bags under my eyes. I haven't gotten out of my room for three days.

I have been trapped in here for three freaking days not noticing the difference between day and night. My bed is a mess too, for the sheets are tangled and I sit up straight with my head rested along the head of the bed.

A tissue box is kept on my bed side table which is almost over. I feel like crying. I feel horrible.

Stupid. Dumb. Idiot are a few words that I'd like to describe myself as. I knew I had a cold. I freaking knew that I was sick yet I had to have that sizzling brownie.

But it was delicious.

I play with the necklace hanging around my neck. It's a open cube with a crystal in it. The last thing my mom gave me before she left me....forever and always.

She gave it in my hand and told me to take care of it. Never understood why she would want me to take care of such a necklace that she could buy anytime she wanted. We were rich and this necklace wasn't that expensive.

It wasn't a necklace, just a plain cube. I made it one, so I could see it and take care of it. It hangs around my neck and I play with it, when I don't know what to do. It has always helped me.

My mom was a beautiful lady. She and strawberry blonde hair which over time turned paltinium and a sharp nose paired with green eyes and a sharp nose. She was pretty.

My dad on the other hand was like a model. He had brown eyes, gelled and proper set hair and was ice cold. He was never the loving type until mom came.

They met in a coffee shop. They used to tell me this so many times. Stories of how they met, how they loved and they always used to laugh when they saw me complaining and whining about repetitive stories....

...But how I wish now that they were here. To hold me. To sing lullabies for me if I couldn't sleep. To shout at me. To scold me.

Even a word from them would be enough. Just one word. Just one kiss. Just one story. Just one song.

I was their darling. Their daughter. Where did all the love go, mom and dad? Where?

That's all I am asking for. Still playing with the sterling sliver necklace hung around my neck I sneeze and start coughing.

My stomach grumbles but I have no strength to get up yet I manage to get up.

Making myself groan when I get up and hitting my toe pinky finger at the edge of my bed I move downstairs.

Xavier was kind enough to write notes for me although I find it hard to believe that he would do such a thing. Nathan visited me and apart from those two nobody knows about my state.

Grabbing a box of froot loops, I mix them in milk shabbily and start eating them. Within minutes my bowl is clean.

Damn, I was hungry.

The sun hits my eyes when I turn to wash the bowl and it feels like it is the most sunlight I have gotten in 3 years.

"Woah, sis! You look horrible." Abby or Abigail explains when she walks into the kitchen shock etched on her entire face.

Rolling my eyes I reply, "Thanks for the vote of confidence, Abby."

"No, seriously, what happened? Lemme guess, boy trouble." she suggest wiggling her eyebrows.

I am tempted to throw something at her.

"No, I am sick, nothing more. No need to worry." I assure her.

"By the way, Rose removed me from the team," she says looking sad. Fake sad.

My eyes widen at realization and I ask her, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, Kit-Kat," she says and I chuckle at the nickname.

"She came to know about us being sisters, K." she says with worried eyes.

"I'll talk to her," I say silently making a mental note in my head to threaten the crap out of her and manipulate her.

"You mean threaten her," she says raising her eyebrows.

"I would never do such a thing, Abby"

"Yeah! And I am Michelle Obama." she says rolling her eyes and climbing the stairs.

I stare out of the window watching the cars pass by just like my time. I am content and happy. My sister and I had a civil conversation.

I have a theory to this.

One, she wants to restart all over again or two, she is planning something big.

What are you upto my dear sister? And most importantly did you forget you can't lie to me, I will eventually find out each and every secret you're keeping. I chuckle at that.

Some people are just so stupid.

* * *

A/N : Double update in a day. Vote. Comment. Follow.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.