✔ Chapter 17

* * *I am back

* * *
I am back. I have no school. I am not sick anymore. I'm not sick. I'm not sick. Guess who is not sick. Yep, that's me.

I just recovered from my sickness and it feels like it is the best feeling in the world. I can actually walk right now without having to sneeze my brains out and can talk in proper sentences without coughing up the lungs I have.

It's a Saturday. And you know what that means? No school. Woo-hoo. It feels like I am on drugs right now. Don't do drugs kids. Actually who am I kidding, I am high on medicines.

Last night I had a whole bottle of tablets because I was getting sicker day by day. It's a wonder how I am alive right now. But that I swear the problem is, isn't it? I have lost my brains which would be tough since I didn't have one in the first place and now I am high as a damn Ferris wheel.

I get down tired from all the dancing in my bed and start walking towards the door when I bump into my closet.

Hey! When did that come here?

I check myself I'm the mirror and find a red nose. I look like a clown.

No, you look like Rudolph.

That remind me. Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer.

Out of nowhere I start singing my favorite song, "Rudolph the red nose reindeer," I start singing on top of my lungs.

"Had a very shiny nose," I get on my bed and start jumping.

"And of you ever saw it

You would even say it glows," I sing

"What exactly are you doing, love?" A boy from the other window asks me.
He has a phone in his hand that covers his face. A handsome boy. Ooh! I have a handsome neighbour. Why haven't I seen him before?

"Hey, you're hot, you know?" I say to him giggling at the end.

"Am I?" he asks me and I nod.

"Like one of those Vogue models," I reply.

"And what else do you think about me, love?" he asks me seeming genuinely interested.

I take a good look at his face. His jawline is set, blue eyes, perfect shaped nose, pink lips, dimples.

"You're charming," I say.

His smile widens and I gasp.

"Eeeekk! You're so cute," I lean ahead so that I can pinch his cheeks when someone pulls me from behind.

That someone is a 'she.'

"Have you gone mad, Kit-Kat," my sister yells at me.

"I don't know, how about you tell me. Have I gone mad?" I retort back and then giggle at the end.

"What the eff is wrong with you?" she snarls and something behind me catches her eye.

I turn around and find the empty bottle of tablets. She moves closer to them and I find the boy still staring at me.

I smile at him and wave. He chuckles.

"Did you finish all of these?" she asks and I nod.

"Why?" she asks again.

After taking a yawn I reply, "I don't like being sick,"

"What are you doing there Abigail?" the boy from the other house asks her.

Her eyes widen and she doesn't reply so I think of replying for her saying, "She's my lovely sister!"

I hug her and that is the last thing I say after darkness consumes me.

* * *

My eyes flutter open and I look at the watch sitting on my bedside table.

5 : 45 pm.

Shit! I'm late. I need to give my bike for servicing. It need polishing and so do I. I quickly get dressed in more appropriate clothes and head downstairs.

Grabbing my bike keys I turn on the ignition, taking a turn I head towards my favorite place.

The tracks.

The tracks have a garage and that is where everybody gives their bikes for servicing.

Within minutes I arrive at my destination, and I park my bike. I get down and throw the keys at the timer as he smiles and greets me.

"So why are you here?" Josh or the owner asks me.

"I have a race tomorrow night with this guy named Axel so I decided that my baby might need some polishing."

"Cool! What changes do you want me to make?"

"Give it a different colour, check the brakes, accelartor, gears, clutch and make sure to add the boost so if he is tough and I need some external help to beat him, I can, ya know?" I say putting gum in my mouth.

"It will be done by tomorrow morning."

"Kay! Bye Josh." I say and I exit the garage going towards the tracks.

It's hard to believe that a place that comes alive at night can be so dead and silent in the morning. Maybe that is how even people are....

...Alive at wild in the night and dead and silent in the morning. I think I am that kind of person. Nah! Who am I kidding? Neither am I a night owl nor a early bird. I am some sort of permanently exhausted pigeon.

Yeah! That's more like me.

I stuff my hands in my pockets and walk on the tracks where I race. I am not sick anymore and the sole reason for that is that I drowned myself in tablets and medicines.

I don't even know that happened after that. Guess I will have to ask Abby about that.

Wind gushes towards messing my tangled hair even more. My dad used to race in his teenage years. He wanted a son so badly, but when he saw me on a bike he made it his priority to teach me how to race, even though he had a son.

My first race was when I was 16. No one was there to cheer me. Everyone thought I couldn't do it. I thought it was the only way to keep my dad and his dream alive.

Mom wanted me to have good grades considering the fact that I used to fail everytime when I was young. Not literally, but I definitely wasn't the child who scored full marks. But now I am one of the smartest people in the school.

I race. I get good grades. But my parents aren't coming back.

Tell me, mom and dad, what do you want from me? Tell me, and I will do it. Without asking any questions. Just shout at me once more for being irresponsible. I miss your voice.

Please.

* * *