Chapter 33

* * *

* * *

I am wide awake.

Not because of my sleeping disorder but because of the rains and thunders that do not seem to slow down even a bit.

I sit on the window sill, looking out of the window, unable to sleep. I am afraid of thunders but I cannot disregard the fact that from a young age I have always found peace when it rains.

Another such thing that helps me relax is the dark. Both of them have something or the other that has the ability to hook me to them. Just like right now, I love when it is raining.

I watch the raindrops as they hit the window, stronger than before and I smile to myself. The room is lit by just two din lights which I think is enough for the distinction of objects around the room.

I still feel bad for kicking Xavier out of his room when in reality I am not even sleeping, and perhaps I never will.

Owing to the fact that if I get a sleep for more than two hours, things happen, bad things. Always been a habit from childhood, one of the reasons being that I am nyctophillic meaning that I love the dark.

That has become a very big reason for me not able to be sleeping at night. My eyes don't feel drowsy and my body is healthier when I see dark places or get inner peace that is either seeing it rain or if I was in a dark place gazing at the stars.

That is one of the reasons why I loved the woods. Dark. I know it is probably weird but to be honest, it is just how my body functions.

The door creaks open and even though it isn't a sound one must have heard clearly, I can hear it because of the silence in the room.

Xavier peeks in and looks at me with an unreadable expression that isn't so easy to decipher. I let out a small hum after he calls me by my name.

"What exactly are you doing up so late, love?" he asks standing at the door.

"Admiring the rains," I say looking at him.

"You like the rains?" he questions, curiosity hinting in the tone that he uses.

"Yup, the rains, stars and dark," I say looking outside again.

"I never knew that," he says to which I simply reply, "It's okay, no one does."

It's hard to have someone to talk to when all you will get in this world are judgemental people. At one point or the other, they have to start judging you because, no person is a saint.

They won't understand my perspective of the story. They won't get why I did certain things that today people view as a mistake; a nuisance.

They won't understand me, no matter how hard I try to justify the actions that I did. In the end it will be only me, myself and I. That is the best way to live life, isn't it. Trust no one, for even you shadow leaves you in the darkness. Nothing stays with you forever and nothing ever will.