Chapter 53

* * *

* * *

"What happens now?" Ash asks for the kabillionth time.

"Dear Christ!" I exclaim, getting annoyed, "You asking the same question again and again doesn't change the fact that I don't know shit about what happens next."

He lowers his head in shame and I look at him, slowly my eyes scanning everybody sitting on the round table until they stop on Xavier. He looks perplexed and probably hasn't recovered from what happened a hour or two ago.

We sit in the living room of Ashton's house which is very close to our school. It's on the news. Chaos is everywhere and people are wondering how exactly did the dead come alive again and some are freaking out.

"Is this why you didn't tell us....?" Nathan asks and I nod saying, "You never were supposed to know."

"So we chase Theo now?" Indie asks and I look at her, my lips pressed in a thin line as I say, "No, he chases me, not you."

"You're crazy, if you think you're doing this alone," Xavier says, finally speaking.

"First of all, I was born crazy," I say, "Second of all, all my life I've done these kind of things alone, I don't need anybody's help. Third of all, I don't think that I am doing this alone, I know that I will. No questions asked."

"I was the one who pressurized you to say-" Xavier begins but I cut him saying that I don't care.

Why? Just because if I did, Xavier would have been dead along time ago. I am a queen. I am a protector, a Guardian and I can't risk falling in love with a mortal. It's the biggest sin of all, according to us immortals.

The match was made when he kissed me without any of us knowing otherwise I would have stopped him. It's not only dangerous for me but also for him. If the Society, who humans trust so much get to know of this prepostorous act, his life would be dangling on the line.

It has never happened before and it should never happen in the future or well....so I hope.

Xavier's phone rings and he gets up to take the call whilst we all sit wondering about when exactly Theo will strike. Theodore was one of the most favorite angels in heaven and when he got sent from heaven to earth to stop me from opening the boxes, he couldn't.

He failed his one and only mission and that was the first battle and hopefully not the last that I had won. So he fell from Grace. When he did, he lost his wings and his powers only then to take a trip to hell and become a permanent demon.

When he achieved the title of the demon, he wanted to one to know who truly was. A hybrid of a mortal and a warlock who has seen the heavens because of his 'good soul.'

Good soul, my foot. He tried to murder me, for Heaven's sake!

So he spread lies and rumors about how he got in hell that made him achieve the position of the Most Powerful Demon and Mortal Living On Earth. After that there hasn't been a single battle that I have been able to win.

All because of the spells he knows. While I think about Theo, I don't notice how half an hour goes by and none of us talk. Slowly those thirty minutes turn to an hour then two and slowly dusk arrives.

Seeing the last sunrise of the day, I turn around noticing how most of them have taken a power nap waking up now but I haven't.

My mind is only focused on one thought that the boy I like is not here and he's gone.

Rushing out to the door, I am met with trails of blood and dirt that lead me up to a note embbeded in the sand with scorpions saying 'Your Time Has Come.'

The scorpions squirm around and a scream escapes my lips. The squad comes rushing out of the house at once and I can tell there is only one thing going on in everyone's mind.

Theo kidnapped Xavier.

* * *

A?N : Heyy, guys I hoped you liked this chapter.

I am sorry but I am working on 3 books at the same time and so my updates have slowed down. I need to complete one FANFIC and one EDITED version of this book before I actually finish this book.

Vote and that will make me update faster.

~Author-nim.