✔ Chapter 4

***

***

Another day. Another night where I can't sleep. I am restless and so is my mind. I can't drift off to sleep even for the smallest period of time. My mind keeps drifting off to a certain bad boy in our school.

I turn around with my hand under the pillow and close my eyes. Nothing. I see black and hear screams, gunshots. I hear my own footsteps.

My eyes open again. My stomach grumbles and I randomly decide to eat ice-cream, so late at night. I tip-toe my way down the stairs of my house as my sister, Abigail, and my uncle and Aunt - Hayden and Amelia - are soundly sleeping.

They came back today evening from their case in a London. Hayden is a detective while Amelia is a lawyer. They took my sister and I after my family fell apart.

I go to the kitchen and switch on the light making my way to the fridge. There I see, a unopened box of Cookie N' Cream ice-cream waiting for me, calling out to me.

I take a spoon and open the box from the fridge and start eating it. I sit on the couch and start to think about my life.

It was so much before. Before they took my sanity. Before I was blamed of everything. Before I was Katrina. It was so much better. Yet if you ask me if I would change anything in my past I would say 'no'.

Because some things are meant to be. They are just supposed to happen. There is a time and place for everything and nobody can change that.

My phone beeps indicating a text message and making me snap out of my thoughts.

Unknown : Hello Katrina.

Ok. Don't freak out. It can be anybody. Deep breaths. Deep breaths. Calm down. Nothing is going to happen.

Me : Who is this?

I get an immediate reply which makes me properly breathe again.

Unknown : The guy you crashed into today.

I save his number as Mr. Bad Boy because I don't have a better name for him. I mean I could always put Xavier but that is too.....normal.

And I am not normal.

So cheers to that.

Me: Why are your texting me so late at night?

Mr. Bad Boy : Aren't you going to ask me How I got your number?

Me : Nope, cuz I am guessing that u got it from your 'sources'.

Mr. Bad Boy : ...Anyways what are you doing?

Me : Oh... You know the usual.