✔ Chapter 41

* * *

* * *

I don't believe my ears. Upon hearing such an ecstatic news, Hayden spins her around kissing her temples while Abigail and I just sit at the dining table, opposite to each other not knowing what to do.

Abby still seems in her mind right now but for me, it is a completely different story. I am frozen.

"Did you just say that you're pregnant?" I confirm and Amelia nods her head, biting her lower lips, "With twins?"

She nods again and Hayden hugs her tightly. I share a look with Abigail telling her to congratulate her on this occasion but after Mia just reconfirmed what she had said, I don't think she ever will be able to do that.

"That's.....amazing!" Abby says with obvious fake excitement.

"Congratulations," I exclaim.

"How far?" I ask, genuinely interested.

"Seven weeks," she says smiling widely.

"Katrina and Abby go change," Hayden says his smile matching Amelia's, "We're going out for dinner."

We nod and head back to our respective rooms leaving the couple for some alone time. Abby looks at me and I avoid talking to her or making eye contact with her.

She doesn't know what she did.

"What's wrong, Kit-Kat?" she asks me.

I shake my head and slowly turn the knob of my door. She stands in front of hers and I want to tell her so badly that I heard their voice. That I get these crazy dreams which hurt me and cause me enough pain to last for a lifetime.

I want to tell her that I am not normal and never was and this whole act is just a barrier, a phase. I want to tell her that I race. I want to tell her that I love her, and that mom loved her and so did dad and I could probably make her listen to their voices one last time.

"I'm sorry," she says fidgeting with her fingers, "I don't know what came over me......"

"It's okay," I say giving her my best fake smile.

It's not okay. It's not fine. Your words pierced my heart and hit my feeling. I felt terrible knowing that you thought of me as a murderer. She doesn't say anything. She doesn't catch my smile or maybe she does but she doesn't say anything to me about it, and for that I am grateful. I had forgiven her a long time before.

I think that is my problem. I forgive people too easily. Throwing myself at my bed, I lie down, checking my phone.

No text messages from anyone.

I admit, I wanted to see that small notification on my phone saying that Xavier and texted me. I am not disappointed, though.

I open my mess of a closet and one by one throw the clothes that would be most appropriate for this occasion.