Chapter 32

* * *

* * *

Xavier comes in the room I was sitting in before handing me the clothes I would be wearing tonight.

He hands me the clothes and looks out of the window. The rains haven't become less destructive if only they are pouring down harder than before, if that is possible.

"Thanks,'' I mutter under my breath and he smiles at me.

I get inside the bathroom to change when I see a huge bathtub at the side of the washroom. It has only two lights that so bright that they almost take away my eyesight.

I look down at the clothes he has given me. It's a pair of shorts and a long t-shirt. Taking one look at the clothes made me realize that both of the articles belong to ladies. The shorts are baby pink in colour and the top is white in colour with abstract art painted on it.

As soon as I change into it, I view myself in the mirror and well.... let's just say that it wasn't a good sight to see.

The tattoos that I covered with my long baggy shirts are now exposed and the same goes with my legs. My right hand has a long single arrow carved into it and my left arm has the words 'more wolf than woman.'

The wordings mean a great deal to me as I feel some sort of resemblance to them. I am like a wolf, a survivor, a fighter, a warrior and a leader. My right ankle has a vine etched into it that has a rose at the end.

Those are the only tattoos that a person would be able to see right now... but I have more tattoos than that.

A tattoo on my left collarbone saying the words 'love fearlessly' and a clock which has its numbers bursting open, getting freedom from the borders which means that it doesn't take a second to be free from something neither does it take more than a second for your whole life to turn upside down.

Don't ask me how I came up with that. On the right side of my torso I have yet another tattoo of Eos the goddess of dawn, symbolizing that in order for dawn to arrive there needs to be darkness.

On the left side I have the quote said by Shakespeare 'Hell is empty, as all the devils are here' written in cursive. So many tattoos just for the simple reason that people said it reduced pain with all the massive pain one had when they got them, but it was only momentary.

I have these things marked on my skin as they somehow all connect to my past.

A knock can be heard and a voice on the other side says, ''You there, love?''

''Yeah!'' I reply almost immediately. I stand in front of the door taking a few deep breaths and open the door coming in sight of Xavier sitting on the bed.

He looks at me and smiles, that smile is only for a second before it falters turning into a frown. He scans me from my head to my toe, his eyes darkening for no reason. He looks at me in the eyes and then looks away, his cheeks becoming red.

I walk over and sit down next to him draping the blanket over me once again.

''I have a question,'' I say interrupting him from his thoughts which causes him to look at me, one eyebrow raised, ignoring him I continue, ''I mean its fine if you don't want to answer but it has been roaming in my head ever since dinner.''

He begins to laugh at my nervousness and gestures me to go on with my query, ''Is Aiden a part of the gang?''

''Yeah! That reminds me I need to show you where we train,'' he says, ''Also, Aiden and Winston are going to start going to go to the same school as us.''

''Why are you telling me this?''

''Because one, you solved the code for us and we don't know what is going to happen in twenty-four days and two, the six of us are going to protect you from trouble.''

"You don't need to protect me!" I exclaim, the idea is almost funny. If anything that had to be done, is that I need to protect them from the danger that they are unaware of.

"Look what time is it?" he says looking at his imaginary watch.

"What time is it? Summer time. It's our vacation. What time is it? Party time-" Xavier puts his hand on my mouth to stop me from singing further on.

Instinctively I lick his hand causing him to withdraw it, he is now staring at me with wide eyes.

I give him a sheepish smile and he looks at me while saying, "Did you just lick my hand?"

"It was a reflex action," I try to reason him.

"Yeah! Sure, and I am going to be the next president of America," he says while rolling his eyes.

Suddenly Aiden bursts into the room and both mine and Xavier's head turn his way.

He holds the door open with a sly smile on his face as he says, "Who's ready for some fun tonight?"

"Not me," both Xavier and I say together.

"You guys are no fun," he says pouting, "Wait, Katrina is that a tattoo?"

I nod my head and he stares at me in awe, "By the way, if mom asks tell her that I am at a friends house for a study project."

Xavier and I share a look and we both nod, he smiles to himself and exits the room.

I see Xavier gathering a blanket, pillow and his clothes from the closet. Wait! This is his room!!

What the heck?

"Where you going?" I ask not being able to control my tongue.

"Aiden's room to sleep," he says as if he is stating the obvious.

"You don't need to," I say remembering that I have insomnia.

"You're right love, I don't need to but I want to. Sleep tight, love, don't dream too much about me," he says winking at me when he says the last part.

"Sorry to inform you but I want to get nightmares," I scream and I hear a chuckle from him.

I lie down on the bed staring at the ceiling. My hands fly upto the necklace hanging from my neck and unknowingly I play with it.

Slowly and steadily my eyes begin closing and it isn't long enough till darkness consumes me making me forget everything that my past holds and everything that awaits me in the future.

And for the first time, even though for two hours, I sleep peacefully.

* * *

A/N : Two chapters in a day. Wooh! Anyways tomorrow I can bet that there is going to be a bonus chapter for our one month anniversary because tomorrow is the day when my I. R. U (Intense. Research. Unit) gets over.

Yay me!

You guys hear that, it is the sound of my freedom which is now official.

Anyways vote this chapter because homie, I worked hard on it okay.

This book is about to get confusing in a few chapters, try to keep up. There will be challenges and fights but I swear to go we'll get through it.

*wiping a tear from my eye.*

Anyways if you wanna see Katrina and Xavier end up together, vote.

If you want to see Katrina end up with any other guy, comment and let me know.

BTW, the guy she ends up with isn't final yet.......

Bye lovelies, have a great day or a great night.

Love,

~Mehek.