✔ Chapter 48

* * *

* * *

Why? Why did I fall for a girl I could never have? Why did my feelings have to come back? Why did I have to crash into her? Why did she break me?

When these are the only thoughts that swirl in your mind, you don't necessarily think what is right or what is wrong. You lose your discretion.

I meant each and every word I said to Katrina before I kissed her but now I am wishing I never did kiss her. Why? Just because.

If I didn't kiss her then she would be here next to me, laughing and smiling and pretending everything was alright.

I still remember when I first saw her. Fourth grade. Two pigtails and keeping her head down as if she didn't want to be noticed. But I did. Oh, I did notice her and I felt a pull towards her.

I never did have the guts to talk to her because I everytime I told myself I would stop being a chicken and talk to her, she would disappear in the crowd and vanish in thin air. She never noticed me and would have never if I hadn't gotten the reputation that I have right now.

As I climbed the social chart and came at the top, Katrina still hadn't noticed me. Those feelings faded and she changed. She changed alot. Her bronze hair became blonde over time and her black eyes became brown. She hid herself behind even more baggy clothes and blended with the crowd.

I noticed her everyday, running through the hallways and when I crashed into her unintentionally, I was blinded by how beautiful she looked. It was hard keeping my cool demeanor and I went soft on her so many times.

I was never like that. Those feelings that I had forced to be buried in the back of my head came rushing to me when she would smile, or when I first noticed her dimples.

My hands are bleeding.

My hands are bleeding and I don't care. I don't care about my well-being and I only want her to answer my one question that being why? Why did she lie?

The punching bag swings back and forth but that doesn't stop me from punching the living daylights out of it. Who is she? Who the heck is Katrina and why does she affect me so much?

When I beat up that freshman kid, I don't know why I did that but I didn't feel a single percent better. So I came here. To the training room in the CIA headquarters and am currently punching the bag like my life depends on it.

"Is it that girl?" a voice interrupts me and my head cocks to the side to find the owner of that voice.

There stands a very distraught looking Winston and I control the sigh that almost leaves my lips.

"Why do you care?" I ask, my voice coming a bit more rough.

"Never seen you hit something so hard," he says shrugging as he comes in the room and puts up another punching bag next to mine.

He wears his gloves and starts punching the bag and a comfortable silence surrounds us.

"You should give her a chance to explain herself," he says and I punch the bag harder.

"She didn't do it on purpose, she was looking out for you," he says and the punching bag swing vigorously but that doesn't stop me from hitting that bag harder.

Was I the only one she didn't tell?

"Give her another chance Xave," he says, smirking a bit and I've had it. No one calls me Xave except Katrina.

The punching bag breaks and detaches itself from the hook and falls on the ground with a thud. Looking at him I say, "Mind your own damn business."

I leave the room and I check my phone for notification when I go to the locker room.

9 messages from Nathan, Jordan and Ashton all saying that I need to forgive Katrina.

Nathan : Talk to Katrina, she's a mess.

Nathan : Look bro, I know you're mad but please give her a fucking chance.

Nathan : She says she didn't do it on purpose.

I open Jordans text tab and he seems much calmer about the situation.

Jordan : It's not her fault.

Jordan : Speak to her and resolve the damn issues.

Ashtons messages surprise me because he usually takes things light hearted-ly and is a happy-go-lucky kind of a person.

Ashton : After so many years you get to speak to your long-term crush and when she messes up, you leave her just like that.

Ashton : Did she leave you when you told her about Elisha?

Ashton : You say you love her but you're a fucking coward.

Ashton : Don't speak to me or any of the boys unless you decide to man up and speak to your to-be girlfriend.

Sighing, I shut the mobile tired of what they're saying. I want to forgive her but she lied. She lied about her not being an elementae. 'Maybe she isn't an elementae,' my subconscious says but I can't help but be worried. If she isn't an elementae then what is she?

I thought she was a puzzle I finally had managed to solved, guess I was incredibly wrong.

* * *

A/N : Heyy guys!

Hope you all are having a fine day. This chapter was in Xavier's point of view and I hoped you liked it. You got a glimpse in his mind.

You guys need to hold on because this ride goes smoothly only for the next two chapters after which is gets bumpy. Plot twists come. And other shizzle stuff happen that would probably blow your mind because it blows my mind.

I am currently editing and thinking that why exactly my book didn't get selected in the Wattys and if you have a rough idea as to why that happened then please pm me or leave a comment.

Xavier : Vote and I'll bring you cupcakes.

~Mehek