✔ Chapter 42 : 2.0

* * *

* * *

Nathan's POV

* * *

We've been stuck in traffic for the past fifteen bloody minutes.

Totally not frustrating.

Ashton, Jordan are on my left and right respectively and I am squashed in the middle with Xavier clutching the steering wheel so hard that his knuckles turn white whilst Katrina moves her arms and nods her head along to In My Feelings by Drake.

It's all my fault. I should've never told Aiden to ask Katrina for the ball. Well, I only did it because Xavier was being a chicken and not asking Katrina out so I thought that I'd help.

But instead I just messed things up even more.

"Keke, do you love me? Are you riding?" Katrina sings along and Xavier shuts the radio upon hearing her voice leaving Katrina with a small face.

He's pissed at her for something she didn't even do.

"Why would you do that?" Katrina says, hurt evident in her voice.

"Because I am stuck in this goddamn traffic since bloody twenty minutes, what do you expect?" he says finally managing to look at her.

"It's not my fault!" Katrina exclaims.

She angrily crosses her arms over her chest and Xavier runs his hands through his hair. The car is dead silent.

We're on the Charleston Bridge that connects Charleston and the place where we just came from. After crossing this bridge, it's a more forty minute ride back to Katrina's house. The two districts were connected by the bridge because both of them were separate piece of land meaning that the bridge we currently are on, is built on water.

We had stopped in our way to home for fresh delicious burgers by Burger King. We'd eat at Katrina's house and then leave to attend some business.

We are snapped back to reality with a loud thud. Upon looking outside the car we see a huge irregular shape of blue on the silver Mercedes in front of us.

"What the fuck?" Ashton says and all of us unlock the doors getting out as fast as we can, Ashton getting the bags out too. A crowd of people swarm the car all looking for some hope for survivors.

The thing that fell is light blue in colour with swirls of white twirling in all directions and shapes creating a beauty. It looks like cotton candy but white in colour.

Everyone is busy searching and removing the heavy blue thing lifting it whilst Katrina stares up at the whole in the sky, with shining dots in it. It looks like a void.

"Holy Mother Of Jesus!" Jordan exclaims slowly and as soon as he says that something in my head clicks.

The sky just fell.