✔ Chapter 12

* * *

* * *

I enjoy the sweet taste of my favorite cake. It's beautiful and rich in taste. I could have it for all day if I wanted. That is a totally different thing that I would become a fatass. I have always had an obsession with cake and desserts. It's another one of those things that keep me from going insane.

What Xavier did today was incredibly sweet. He drove all the way to Charleston to get me a cake because he thought I was angry at him.

I decide to call him thanking him for the amazing cake. My fingers hover above the call button when I finally decide to press it. I put it to my ear and he picks up on the third ring.

"Hello, Katrina" he says gruffily on the other side of the phone. My name sounds so foreign on his tongue. It's the first time he said it and the way it rolls of his tongue is just I don't know.

Grinning from ear to ear I say, "Thanks for the cake,"

"Did you like it, love?"

"It's my favorite flavour,"

"Thought so,"

For a moment no one speaks. It's getting to much.

"Aren't you supposed to be sleeping right now?"

"I can't. I was up thinking about you!" he replies back. I practically hear the smirk which is quite evident in his voice.

Even though knowing he was joking with me, I blush furiously glad to know that he isn't here to see me in a state like this.

"So what are you doing?" he asks breaking the silence between us.

"Devouring the piece of art you have given me," I reply in a royal like manner which sound very ladylike.

Xavier chuckles at the other end and I snort. Not so ladylike, right?

"Thanks again," I say genuinely smiling right now, "You didn't have to go all the way to Charleston to get me the cake you know?"

"Yeah! Anyways I gotta go," he hurries off before mumbling something along the lines 'for you I could go all the way to the moon if it made you happy' and then the line goes dead.

My smile still doesn't falter and I think that he is such a good friend.

But something doesn't match up. If he goes to race, it's understandable. His curious stares, the way he sits, the way he talks, the way he walks and his persona with me doesn't match at all.

He is a bad boy. He is supposed to do bad things. Everyone has done bad things. Hell, even I have. I can't take them back. They define me sometimes they are the only things that help me get through the hardships of life.

I don't get it, what the deal with people is?

Just yesterday someone made a rumor that I hang out with Xavier because he threatened me. Like, leave the boy alone for gods sake.

It's quite obvious that someone was - Jaxon - who made the rumor because he feels pissed that he lost to a girl.

Can't blame a sexist pig, now can we?

I'll just have to deal with Jaxon later on. But the real question is how?

Xavier has alot of rumors going on and about him, like he is a street lord, he is a part of a gang and he races. The last part isn't a lie and I wonder if the rest are true or not.

My mind slowly wandering about people I know once again comes back to a boy who owns the most magnificent pair of eyes known to mankind : Xavier.

I go upto my bedroom in hopes to find sleep, peace but my mind is restless not because of my past but because it wonders of what the future might hold for Xavier, Ashton, Jordan, Nathan and I.

* * *

A/N : Double update in a day. Woo-hoo!

Anyways lovelies leave your thoughts for this chapter in the comments. Also we are very close to 100 reads. Yipee! Engraved...Fighting!

Also, would I do Xavier's Perspective right now or make a different book altogether once I finish the this book reliving the moment of this book in Xavier's Pov.

Vote. Comment. Follow. Enjoy.

Until next time,

:)