~Thunder~

It was just an ordinary night in the castle. The team were landed on a planet, similar to Earth in many ways. One of the ways being the weather. It was chucking it down with rain. The team were all standing in the controls room, discussing their business here.

Keith's P.O.V

"We need to think of a way to help these citizens out, one way or another" Allura stated, clearly looking tired and frustrated. I couldn't blame her. We had been thinking of solutions for vargas now.

The main control panel began beeping. Coran dashed over to it and started typing things.

"I'm afraid I have some bad news paladins. We wont be able to help anyone tonight due to the expected weather"

"What's the weather expected to be?" Lance asked.

"Well apparently it's when the sky booms loudly and shoots bolts of light. I think you humans call it 'thunder and lightning' right?"

I froze. Even the words made me shudder. I try not to react as I don't want the others to think I'm a baby or something.

"Well, looks like we can't do anything so we might as well go to our rooms right?" I ask, praying that we could leave so I could hide away.

"Nonsense Keith. We can still make a plan for tomorrow!" Shiro speaks in a jolly tone. How is Shiro never tired?

Suddenly a small rumble can be heard from outside. I feel my body start to shake as I cover my mouth, stopping me from whimpering in fear. Luckily I dont think anyone noticed me.

"By the looks of things, we might have a while to plan. I don't think the weather will be changing any time soon" Coran says, stroking his moustache.

I start to slowly back away from the conversation, making my way to the door. That was until Shiro spotted me.

"Keith what are you doing?" Shiro asked, giving me a confused look.

"I-I think i forgot something in the-" another small rumble of thunder comes from outside and I try to carry on my sentence but I find myself stunned in fear.

"Keith are you okay buddy? You feeling sick or something?" Hunk sounded worried. I really didn't want him to be.

"N-no I'm fine I swear" I mumble, scratching my arm subconsciously.

The team carried on talking about strategies but I wasn't paying attention. I couldn't take my eyes off of the slits of rain hammering on to the ground. Or the dark gloomy sky that lurked up above, waiting for the right moment to pounce. Shiro must of noticed me staring outside because he walked over to me and put his hand on my shoulder. I almost jumped out of my skin.

"Woah Keith calm down it's just me! Why are you so jumpy?"

"S-sorry. Guess I'm just tired" I reply. My answer didn't sound at all believable but Shiro walked back into the group of paladins all the same.

I was just starting to calm down when all of a sudden there was a huge

BANG

A huge flash of light shines through the window and I scream. It wasn't just a small scream, it was a full on death scream. I took a few steps back, never taking my eyes off of the window. That was until I realised....

Everyone was staring at me.

"Keith are you okay man?" Lance's tone of voice was pitiful. I hated when people pitied me.

I was about to answer when an even louder bang went off. This time I screamed and hid behind one of the control panels, clutching my knees.

"Keith? Are you afraid of thunder and lightning?" Pidge asked.

"N-no!" I replied. "What kind of stupid person is afraid of thu-"

BANG

The entire room lit up this time. I screamed again and buried my face in my knees. I was shaking all over and tears were starting to spill. I knew they had figured it out.

I waited for them to start laughing at me. But no one said anything.

"I-If you're going to laugh then just get it over with" I mumbled, burying my face into my knees more.

"Keith we would never laugh at you. We want to help you" Allura stated, trying to approach me.

"I don't want your help!" I shouted. " I've handled this on my own before, I can do it again!" I wasn't intending on shouting that loud.

Another loud bang came from outside and I screamed again. I was now sobbing as quietly as I could but i think it was easy to here my cries.

"You handle this..... on your own?" Shiro said. He seemed heart broken at the thought.

"W-well I never exactly had anyone to tell." I replied. I lived alone for a long time so I got used to dealing with thunder storms. But it never got less scary.

BANG

I screamed again, but this time I felt someone wrap there arms around me. I flinched at first, but then when I looked up to see that it was Shiro. I hugged him back as tightly as I could. I just wanted him to keep me safe during this storm. He picked me up bridal style and I nuzzled my face into his chest. He beckoned the team to follow him and we went into the lounging room. (Sorry I don't know the name. The one with the big sofas) We all sat down and I cuddles up to Shiro.

Another bang of thunder lit up the room. I screamed and Shiro pulled me close to him, reasurring me it would be alright. Soon I felt more pairs of arms rap around me. When I looked up, i realised everyone was hugging me. I realised I liked hugs. They made me feel loved. I smiled at all of them.

"You guys are seriously the best, you know that?" I stated, meaning all of the words I just said. They all gave me a tiny smile back and we all cuddled up on the sofa.

After that the night felt easier. Whenever lighting or thunder went off, I would scream and the rest of the team had to repeat the scream in the same tone. Lance won most of the rounds.

Eventually we started to fall asleep. I was having trouble because of the lighting. Then, i felt a hand land on my head. The hand started to run its fingers through my hair. I soon realised the hand belonged to Shiro.

"Shiro, what are you doing?" I asked.

"Well, I'm helping you sleep of course" was all he replied with.

"Running your hands through my hair wont help me sleep" I said with certainty in my voice.

He chuckled. "We'll see"

After a few dobashes of Shiro stroking my hair, I started to feel my eyes getting tired. It felt so good for some reason. So.... comforting.

This time when I heard the rumble of thunder, I simply was just too tired to react. Apart of me wanted to stay awake and enjoy the moment but at the same time I felt too sleepy. I closed my eyes and thought about all the amazing people who comforted me.

Lance

Coran

Hunk

Pidge

Allura

And most of all, Shiro.

How could I ever repay them?

That was the final question I asked myself before I dropped into slumber, letting my dreams take over.

Wow that chapter was adorable to write. Shiro was meant to be acting like a big brother type firgure. If you ship Sheith then go ahead and imagine it how you want. Also just so you are aware SEASON SIX COMES OUT TOMORROW WOOOOO. If you haven't watched season six then I would go and watch it as this book may have spoilers for it, depending if I can think of a good situation for them to be in. So yeah i hope you liked this chapter because it's my favourite so far!

Words: 1343

~Author Mill