~Asthma~

You would think I would know what happens during an asthma attack seeing I have asthma myself but honestly I have no idea so I'm just gonna try my best. This was requested a while ago by Cathrine_H but it slipped my list somehow and I completely forgot about it until now so I do apologise but here ya goOooOOo!

Based on season 2.

Third P.O.V

I looked down at my inhaler in my hand, letting out a sigh. I was meant to be getting ready for an investigating trip on a planet. We'd been told to pick up anything we'd need and I was debating on whether I should bring my inhaler or not. This planet wasn't dangerous so everyone was just going in their normal clothes. I thought about the pros and cons of bringing it.

Pros:
If I had an asthma attack I'd be okay.

Cons:

The team could make fun of me.
I'd have to carry it around with me everywhere.
I might not even need it.
I could lose it.

Okay, so the cons were a lot bigger than the pros. I guess I wasn't bringing it then. I put it back under my pillow and left the room. I hadn't had an asthma attack in about a year so I'd be alright. Plus what would be the chances of me having an asthma attack the one time I didn't bring my inhaler?

Turns out the chances were pretty high.

We made our way outside the castle and began walking on the planet. I noticed it was slightly cold which was fine. It didn't matter too much.

"So uh why didn't we bring our armour and helmets?" Hunk asked, mostly directing the question to Pidge.

"Well this planet has more gravity so the heavy armour and helmets would just weigh us down" Pidge said, typing on a little Altean device she'd brought with us. "This planet also has less oxygen too so if you're finding it slightly harder to breathe that's why"

Okay. So the planet was slightly cold and had less oxygen. That might be a bit of a problem. But I should be fine, right? I had noticed I was finding it a little harder to breathe but maybe that was just because of what Pidge had said.

"Okay team, let's investigate this forest" Shiro said, pointing to a large forest a little ahead of us. Forests were good. Forests mean trees. Trees mean oxygen. We're all good.

"Huh, turns out trees aren't the thing that supply oxygen on this planet. It's actually it's sun that provides air" Pidge said, pointing up into the sky at something that looked slightly like a sun.

Why is my luck so bad?

We walked into the forest and I immediately felt the oxygen levels change. It felt like when you put a blanket to your mouth and try and breathe through it. I knew this was gonna be bad but I kept my stoic expression and kept up with the rest.

After a while my chest was starting to feel really tight. My breathing was almost audible to the others and I was having trouble breathing in and out all the way. We had stopped so Pidge could scan one of the plants for more information on it. I leaned against a tree, concentrating on my breathing.

"Mullet, I know you're unfit but did you seriously get out of breath from that?" Lance mocked, giving a cheeky grin. I rolled my eyes at him and continued to try and get my breath back. This was starting to get a little out of hand. Should I tell someone? They'd probably laugh at me. it's best if I don't.

"Okay guys we can keep going now. Keith, you alright?" Shiro asked, giving me a concerned look. I gave him a nod and smiled, hoping he wouldn't notice the slight issues I was having. He must've believed it because he began walking away, being followed by everyone else. I struggled to let out a sigh before catching up.