~Sleeping Pt. 2/2~

This was requested by Time-_-Bunny and I had to reread the chapter because I totally forgot about it and I find it funny how oblivious I was to season 8. Lez gooooo.

Third P.O.V

It had been a day since Keith's sleeping issue had been explained and Keith was in the training room.

Why, you may ask?

Because he was not about to go down to a stupid little potion.

Yes, he was tired. Tired as f*ck. But he didn't care. He could still stand and that's all he needed.

Keith's brain had figured that maybe if he avoided sleep the potion would give up and leave him. All he had to do was stay awake.

Keith soon realised this was extremely difficult.

While fighting a robot, you have to focus on your target's actions, how you can block or stop them and how you plan to attack.

Keith couldn't focus on any of these things.

Mostly due to the fact it took all of his concentration just to keep his eyes open.

Because of this Keith was struggling to block the robots attacks and was just failing in general.

When Shiro walked in, he couldn't say he was surprised to see the red paladin training, even with the potion effecting him. Before Keith could get hit by the robot again Shiro stepped in.

"End training sequence!" he shouted. The robot dropped onto the floor in front of a tired, sweaty Keith.

"Shiro why'd you stop the trainin' sequence?" Keith asked, too lazy to talk properly.

"Because you were getting destroyed. Shouldn't you be in bed?" Shiro asked.

"I'm not goin' bed Shiro. I could sleep for months for all I know" Keith mumbled, rubbing his eyes.

"Well you aren't going to manage long seeing you look like you could drop off any second" Shiro pointed out.

"I don' care Shiro. I swear we have a meeting now?"

"We actually have a mission that you won't be going on. You're staying here" Shiro demanded. Keith yawned and raised an eyebrow.

"Did you really think your dad voice would work on me?" He asked, smiling cheekily.

"Keith, seriously. You cannot go on this mission in the state you're in right now" Shiro said, worry evident in his voice. "You could fall asleep during a fight and then you'll have no chance"

"Fighting wakes me-" Keith yawned mid sentence. "Fighting wakes me up Shiro"

"Clearly." Shiro sassed, rolling his eyes. "Fine you can come. But only because I know you wont give in"

Keith smiled sleepily before putting his bayard down and starting to leave the room.

"You need your bayard for missions, Keith" Shiro deadpanned, watching as the red paladin slowly picked up his bayard again and walked out. He was going to have to keep an eye on Keith.

Everyone gathered in the controls room, armoured up and ready to go in. Keith was stood against the wall, practically falling asleep. Allura looked at him with a concerned expression.

"Keith, are you sure you should be on this mission?" Allura asked, already informed about the potion effect on Keith.

"Believe me Allura, I tried to talk him out of it but he insists on himself going" Shiro explained, gently shaking Keith to wake him up a bit. Allura opened her mouth to refuse but decided against it.