~Angsty Prompts~

So I mentioned earlier I've been practising writing prompts so yeah. At least I think this is what prompts are. I know these are kinda short but I thought if I upload them in groups it'll add up to more. Tell me if you prefer this or actual one shots. Or maybe I could do a mixture? It's up to you people. Anyways, here ya go!

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Prompt: "Because I love you!"

"Because I love you!"

The weight of Keith's words slowly compressed his confidence into the size of a pea. Those precious vowels weren't meant to be spoken right now; Maybe on the beach, in the sunset, on a cliffside but not right now. Keith's anxiety bubbled in his chest as he watched Lance's face morph into one of shock, then pity.

"You can't love me," he claimed, his eyes darting around to anywhere but Keith's own face. "You can't- You cant just say that!"

"But I'm- I'm telling the truth!" Keith felt the wobble in his voice and prayed Lance didn't hear it too. At this point, he couldn't remember the point of this small, petty brawl that both quickly and slowly turned into a fully blown love confession. God, Keith couldn't even remember the words Lance had spoke that caused him to admit the secret he had kept locked away for years: the secret he spent so long guarding with his life.

"Ever since I met you, you just- When you walk in the room my heart feels like it's working overtime and- and when you talk I feel like I could just sit here forever and listen. At first, I didn't want to admit it but I can't pretend any longer. I- I love you!"

"Keith- Please, please don't make me hurt you like this," Lance's words felt like a knife against his neck, sharp and just waiting for the right moment to-

"I'm sorry, but I'm in love with someone else."

Strike.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Prompt: "I wont let go!"

"LANCE!" Keith charged forward, diving close to the edge of the cliff and just managing to clasp Lance's hand before he plummeted to his death. The Blue Paladin's weight was barely manageable to hold, evident in the way Keith's feet started dragging against the hard gravel.

"Keith! You're gonna fall!" Lance's voice came through gritted teeth and Keith could feel the tension in the one hand he was holding onto with all his might. He could feel the ache in his bones that bent in a way Keith thought they would snap. "You need to let me go!"

"And watch you fall to your death!? Not a chance!" He clutched tighter as he felt Lance's hand began to slip from his grip. "I wont let go!"

"Keith, look at me, You can't pull us both up!" Only Keith couldn't look at Lance. His eyes were screwed shut, all his attention on trying to keep Lance alive. He couldn't lose him, he just couldn't. "You need to let go and get out of here, Keith!"

"I WONT LET GO!" Keith screamed, tugging harder and harder and harder. He could do this. He would do this. His entire body felt as if it was on fire, but he couldn't tell if it was the pain of holding Lance up or the thought of losing him. "I CAN DO IT!"

Keith didn't know where the strength came from, but from deep within him he managed to pull Lance up enough for him to grab the cliff side with his other hand. Keith hauled Lance up and gasped for air, feeling the heavy ache all over.

"I never should've doubted you." Lance mumbled.

Keith couldn't agree more.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Prompt: "Make it stop!"

Keith shrieked as another what felt like one thousand volts shot through him. His body shook vigorously and without control until the electricity died down. The chains rubbed against his skin as his figure flopped forward, no longer having the energy to even hold himself up. He'd lost track of how long he'd been captured by the enemy for, but if he had to guess, he'd say about three weeks. It was becoming tiring, the routine of being physically tortured, mentally tortured, interrogated (though Keith would argue that his entire time at that prison was an interrogation) then thrown in the cell to rot in his own blood until the next day, where the pain would start all over again.

At first, Keith had been sure the paladins would come for him. After all, they'd been there when he was captured. After a while, Keith's mind began to drift from this idea. It'd been weeks and he still hadn't heard of even an attempt to get him back. Not to mention, the mental torture didn't exactly give him much hope. Honestly, it was the worst part. It was also the part Keith was about to endure.

His fuzzy eyes tried to focus on the guard who placed a horrible contraption on his head, then trying to focus on the guard who began pressing buttons on a control panel. Things would get messy from here. Keith closed his eyes to try and fight the mental simulation, to try and keep his mind in the right state but quite quickly he found himself-

Screams; screams all over. Screams of happiness, screams of sadness, screams of horror, just screams. Images of previous friends, enemies, family members and more all flickered through his mind, having something in common. Their faces were covered in what could only be described as murderous expressions. The corners of Keith's vision began closing and the walls got closer as the familiar faces charged at him and the screams got louder and-

"MAKE IT STOP!" Keith cried as he thrashed and wriggled in his chains. But just like the other times, nothing he did broke him free. He watched as the galra began starting up the machine again and-

Name calling. It was always the name calling. "Orphan!" He couldn't remember a time when he wasn't called names. "Freak!" Whether it was from the children at the garrison or the castle ship he lived on he'd always been called names. "Hot head!" You'd think he'd get used to it by now but it still dug holes in him. "Monster!" It still made his insides feel cold. "Weirdo!" It still made him want to punch the speaker in the face. "Hideous!" The words echoed in his head. "Orphan! Freak! Hot head! Monster! Weirdo! Hideous! Orphan!Freak!Hothead!Monster!Weirdo!Hideous!OrphanFreakHotheadMonsterWeirdoHideousORPhAnFReAkHoTHeADWeirDohIdEoUS-

"PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!" Keith was sure his screams could be heard on the other side of the galaxy. Finally, the guards took the machine off of his head and placed it on the table next to him, beginning to take his chains off. They roughly grabbed him by the arms and began dragging Keith along, not waiting for him to bring his sobs to a halt or regain his footing. Keith wailed loudly when the galra purposely gripped harder on his blistered wrists.

Keith wasn't sure if he blacked out at all, but before he knew it he was being tossed back into his manky cell. The dried blood from the previous was still there and Keith assumed it was never going to be cleaned up. Keith couldn't bring himself to care at this point. He lay on what he thought to be the cleanest area in the cell and sobbed, not holding back for anyone. The images of the mental torture were still fresh in his mind and would surely bring sweet nightmares along with them.

All Keith could do was curl up in a ball and rock back and forward, hoping, wishing, praying, begging for the paladins to just find him already.

At this point a good alternative would be for him to die of blood loss.

Whatever his fate was, he hoped it wasn't an eternity in there. He bought his sobs down to a respectable level and stayed like that through the rest of the night, not wanting to risk getting tortured more.

God how he wished his paladins were there for him now.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Okay so that last one got a little dark but that's what you people wanted right? Righttt? Well somehow I'm managing to revise for end of year exams and update which is funny because in my explaining chapter I never even mentioned the stressful end of year tests I have to revise for about 2 hours each night. Luckily they should be over by the time this gets published. As for my friendship stuff, it's okay.... for now I guess. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed!

Words: 1446

~Author Mill