~Drunken Mishaps~

BRO THIS IS THE 100TH POST OF THIS BOOK AAAAAA I MEAN TECHNICALLY IT ISNT BECAUSE AUTHOR NOTES BUT TECHNICALLY IT IS AND I AAAAAAAAAAA. STAY SAFE FROM COVID-19 AND ENJOY THE 100TH CHAPTER. HERE YA GOOOOO!

(Based on season 5 after Naxzela)

Third P.O.V

Keith regretted joining the blade.

Call him selfish, if you will, but joining the Blade of Marmora was not something Keith had chosen to do out of want. He simply did it because, as Lance had said, there are five lions, but there were six paladins. Shiro was a better leader by far, and Lance and Allura were both improving drastically in their lions, so the only paladin available to leave was Keith. He'd tried to pull away at first, and do it gently. It started out with blade missions every now and then, but eventually ended in the paladins getting mad at him because he'd not been there during a terrible attack.

That'd been the worst day of Keith's life.

He'd left quickly, been assigned a room within the blade headquarters, and was sent out on countless missions ever since.

He'd hated it.

Every mission felt like his last. He'd escape by the skin of his teeth every time, and would lose team mates in the process. It felt like everyday was the same. Wake up, risk your life, barely survive, train and repeat. He would add sleep to the list, but he rarely gets that these days.

So that's why at this moment Keith found himself gulping down his seventh (or maybe eighth, he couldn't really remember) glass of nunvil.

You'd think the Blade of Marmora wouldn't have bars seeing as it was an organisation built on hard work and sacrifice, but turns out sometimes even Kolivan needed a drink. Keith had to admit, the stuff tasted absolutely vile, but it helped him escape reality a little. For Keith, that was good enough.

Nunvil was similar to Earth alcohol, but at the same time completely different. For one, nunvil was quite a bit stronger, or perhaps it was just Keith's human half that was weak. Whatever it was, it made it easier for Keith to forget about his horrible present and live in the moment where nothing matters. Another way it was different was it seemed to make Keith a lot more... moody, let's say. That was the main reason Keith decided to chug down his about tenth glass and make his way back to his room before he blew up at anybody.

His legs felt heavy and wobbly as he walked back to his room. He had to admit, he'd never had this much nunvil before. He'd just been feeling way too numb tonight, and really needed a way to allow his mind to feel things again. His last mission had killed the most blade's he'd ever seen, and yet somehow he still wasn't dead. Somehow he'd been thrown under a strong slab of material that'd blocked the explosion from having an impact on him. Somehow he'd returned to the base alone, stated all the Blade's who had been killed, which was everyone except him, and dealt with his injuries by himself.

Sometimes, just sometimes, Keith wished it could've been him that died instead.

He could hear his communication device ringing before he'd even opened his door, and once he did, he could see it was a call from the paladins. The caller picture, a group photo of all the paladins pulling funny faces, made him tear up a little. He was there when that photo was taken, and it'd been one of the best moments of his life. He'd never laughed so hard.

Before his brain could even register, he'd hit the accept button on the call.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""