~An Unplanned Christmas~

I'm sorry, did someone say...

Heith ;)

It doesn't have to be seen as Heith if you don't want it to be but I saw a comment saying Heith so yeah this is happening. Also if it's a little cringy I apologise but you signed up for this.

Based in Season Two.

It was supposed to be a nice Christmas break. The paladins had decided to find a planet that had something similar to snow and camp out there. To the paladins surprise, the a group of galra soldiers had been camping at the planet too. They had spotted Voltron and managed to capture Hunk and Keith. Luckily, they managed to escape before the ship could take off, getting a few injuries as they did so. However, they were now on a completely different side of the planet with no food, water, medical help or warmth. All they had was each other.

Hunk's P.O.V

"Are you sure we're going the right way?" I asked, putting my hand over my eyes to stop the snow going in.

"I don't know, I thought you were leading the way"

"I've been following you" I said. Keith let out a sigh and rubbed his arms. I felt bad for him. He was shivering and his lips were slightly blue. He had been looking forward to this little Christmas vacation the most out of everyone. We'd never seen him so excited. But now instead of sitting by a campfire telling stories with the team it was just the two of us walking in the freezing cold with injuries.

"I-I'm sure we'll find the team eventually" I said, trying to lighten the mood.

"How?" Keith replied, looking down as he walked. I scratched my head.

"Well uh... they're probably out looking for us" I said, patting his back. "For now how about we take a break from walking"

"...okay"

We found a load of sticks and put them in a pile. Keith began trying to make a fire using two sticks. After a few minutes of no success Keith threw the sticks down and scowled. I walked up to him and put my hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, don't worry. We don't need a fire anyways." I said, giving Keith a smile.

"It's gonna get dark soon and be really cold. Not to mention without some sort of light it's gonna be impossible for the team to find us. What are we gonna do?" Keith said, crossing his arms out of anger and being cold.

"I'm sure we'll be fine Keith. The team are gonna find us and we'll be back before Christmas day" I said.

"Hunk, it was Christmas Eve when we got out. It's Christmas Day today." Keith said, standing up and looking for a log to sit on.

"Oh..." I said. I guess I got my days mixed up. Keith dragged over a log and we sat on it. There was an awkward silence between us.

"I-I've never really had a proper Christmas..." Keith began. "I spent most of my life on my own so all of my Christmases were just like normal days. This was going to be like a first Christmas for me... with people I consider to be my family. I was looking to everyone handing out presents and everyone singing songs and everyone having fun. I guess it just wasn't meant to be"

I didn't expect Keith to suddenly open up on me. I was glad he did but I still didn't expect it.

"I'm sorry Keith. I know you wanted a proper Christmas this year but just because we aren't going to make it back for Christmas Day, doesn't mean we can't do these things later. We're in space. We can have Christmas whenever we want." I said, sitting a little closer to him and wrapping my arm behind him. He smiled a little and nodded. Another silence fell between us. That was when I got an idea.

"Silent night, Holy night"

Keith looked over at me with a confused expression.

"All is calm, All is bright"

He smiled at me and let out a small chuckle, his breath creating a cloud of mist.

"'Round yon virgin Mother and Child"

He fiddled with his hair awkwardly.

"Holy infant so tender and mild"

Keith closed his eyes.

"Sleep in heavenly peace"

Keith cleared his throat.

"Sleep in heavenly peace" He finished off. I didn't expect him to sing the last bit. I beamed at him and he smiled back a little.

"We'll be fine Keith. I promise." He nodded and hugged his knees. He wasn't shivering anymore but I'm wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not. He yawned and stretched his arms a little.

"It's too dangerous to sleep, isn't it?" Keith asked. I nodded. "We need to find the others fast. I'm starting to get tired."

"Okay. Let's start walking again"

It had been a few hours since then and Keith was starting to fall asleep. His eyes were droopy and he was limping slightly due to no treatment on his injury from breaking out. He was leaning on my shoulder as we walked and mumbling stories to me under his breath. I could listen to Keith talk for hours. Suddenly we heard something in front of us. It was dark and we were in a forest so we couldn't exactly see. Neither of us had our armour so we couldn't exactly fight anyone. We looked around.

"What was that?" Keith asked sleepily. I shrugged and continued looking around. We saw a small beam of light coming from out in front of us.

"What should we do? We don't have our bayards" I whispered, stepping back slightly. Keith pulled out his blade and it merged into a sword.

"Let's go towards it" He said. Was he serious? We could get killed!

"That doesn't sound like a good idea" Is said, pulling Keith's arm back. He slowly turned to look at me and pulled his arm away, his reactions a little off.

"Trust me, we'll be fine" he whispered. He started walking towards the light. It grew bigger and bigger until...

"Keith? Hunk?" A voice said. Suddenly Shiro appeared from behind a tree along with the rest of the team.

"Yay! You found us!" I yelled, smiling and walking towards them. Keith put his knife away and smiled a little.

"Took you long enough" he said. They chuckled. I noticed how Keith's eyes seemed to be half closed as if he was about to fall asleep any second.

"We need to get Keith warm. He's about to fall asleep and his injuries aren't helping. They're worse than mine" I said, putting my arm around Keith again. He smiled.

"Okay. The lions are just over here. Cmon" Shiro said, starting to walk. I led Keith back to the lions and we took off. Everyone was smiling and laughing on the way back.

Looks like Keith got his Christmas after all...

VOLTRON COMES OUT IN A WEEK IM HFWUIQHBGVFHAR. Yeah so I tried with the Heith but I don't really ship it so it's hard to write about. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed!

Words: 1149

~Author Mill