~Galra Traits Pt. 2/2~

Took this book down but I'm putting it back up again: It's weird because for me it feels like I've barely written any chapters in this book and I'm only just starting out but in reality I've written almost fifty chapters. This was requested by Time-_-Bunny and I would go check out their books because I realised a few days ago that they're the author of one of my favourite books. Okay now here we goooOOoOoOoOO!

Third P.O.V

"There we go! All done Number Four!" Coran exclaimed, giving Keith a smile. Keith sat up on the table, feeling his ear and his tail. They felt pretty normal and were just a little sore. Coran worked miracles.

"Thanks Coran. I really appreciate it" Keith said, climbing off of the table. He began walking to the sofa room, knowing everyone else was there. It had been about two days since Allura had put those words in Keith's head and they hadn't spoken since.

As Keith approached the sofa room, he could hear arguing. That wasn't a good sign. He paused in front of the doors, feeling a little nervous. He had to go in but he didn't know if he was ready to face Allura. Or anyone else for that matter. It was like all his progress with accepting himself had been flushed down the drain.

He walked in the room, his head hanging low. Allura immediately turned to him and there was an awkward silence.

"... I-I um... m-maybe I should go.." Keith mumbled, starting to back up already.

"No wait! Don't leave, Mullet" Lance said, stepping in front of Allura. Lance could see the slight trembling in Keith's hands and the scared eyes. He could tell Keith was really afraid of Allura and what she might say to him.

"O-Okay..." Keith said, stopping and looking down at the floor, one arm holding the other.

"I um.... I need to go check on the space mice" Allura muttered before quickly walking out of the room, giving Keith a glare as she did so. Once she had gone Keith relaxed a little.

"So... the operation really worked, huh?" Lance said, smiling and gently rubbing Keith's reattached ear.

"Y-Yeah it did" Keith replied, sub consciously nuzzling into the ear rub. Lance chuckled and continued to gently rub Keith's ear.

"So what about you, Keith. Are you feeling better?" Shiro asked, making Keith freeze for a minute. He hadn't really thought about everything that had happened and he wasn't sure about his opinion on it. Neither could he really say he wouldn't do it again, despite promising to not listen to Allura's words.

"I-I don't know." Keith mumbled, scratching the back of his neck. "I'm still a little confused as to what my plan was when doing it. Sure it was to get rid of every galra part of me but that's not exactly possible. Just because I cut off my ears and tail doesn't mean I'm not galra. Not to mention my eyes would still be yellow and my fur has pretty much already grown back. I-I just... panicked? I guess..?"

"Why didn't you come to any of us then?" Shiro asked.

"I-I guess I was too ashamed to. I thought that you all had the same opinion as Allura and I just wanted to get rid of it all" Keith said, starting to tear up again. Why did he always cry?

Lance noticed Keith's expression and decided to guide him down to the sofa and have him sit down. Everyone else sat down too.

"You know we would never think that about you, Keith" Shiro said.

"I-I know. It was stupid... I-I'm sorry" Keith mumbled, tears close to falling. Lance panicked and began gently scratching Keith's ear in a different spot. Keith flinched before leaning into it. He clearly liked that spot.

"Don't be sorry, Keith. Allura shouldn't have said those things to you in the first place" Shiro said. "Just don't do it again, okay?"

"O-Okay.." Keith mumbled, resting his head on Lance's shoulder. The ear scratching seemed to be relaxing him a little more than he thought it would. Before he could do anything a rumbling could be heard from his throat.

He was purring.

He sat up quickly and put his hand over his mouth, his face bright red. Everyone was staring at him in awe.

"Did Keith just.. purr?" Pidge asked.

"The purple cat purrs?" Lance said, looking amazed.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about.." Keith mumbled, his face bright red. Everyone else smiled evilly at him.

"D-Don't give me that look!" Keith shouted, pouting and crossing his arms. Lance began scratching Keith's ear again. The red paladin couldn't help but lean into it.

"I like purple cat Keith" Lance said, manoeuvring his hand around Keith's ear, somehow knowing all the best places.

"Same. I mean I like all Keiths but this one is a lot more approachable" Hunk said, smiling sweetly.

"How come?" Keith said, sub consciously resting his head on Lance's lap. Lance looked surprised before he smiled and began petting Keith's other ear too. Just like before, a rumbling could be heard from his throat.

"Well all I have to do is pet you and you're all over me" Lance said, smirking. Keith blushed and began trying to sit up, only to be gently pushed back down by Lance.

"No, I like it. Your ears are soft" He said, making Keith blush even more. He hated to admit it but he really liked being petted.

"So what are we going to do about Allura?" Hunk asked. Keith turned his head and buried it into Lance's lap, not wanting to be apart of this.

"She'll just have to accept Keith the way he is." Lance said, smiling softly. "Not all galra are bad. Especially not this one"

"You're right. She should be over it by now. She already knew you were galra, Keith. I don't know what makes the look any different" Shiro said. Keith hesitated before speaking.

"S-She said it was because she couldn't stand by and watch a 'disgusting' galra walk around the castle or something like that" He mumbled.

"Well she's going to have to deal with it. Just give her time, Keith. She'll warm up to you" Shiro said. "In the mean time, how about we all play a game?"

"Never have I ever! Never have I ever!" Pidge yelled. Everyone agreed to the game and started playing.

Halfway through the game Lance stopped scratching Keith's ear, thinking the red paladin was tired of it. But when he watched Keith shyly take his hand and put it back on his own head Lance continued to pet him, assuming it was a nice feeling to him.

A few minutes later it was Keith's turn. Lance poked him gently and after getting no response he peaked at Keith's face, noticing he had fallen asleep.

"He looks like a cat when he sleeps" Lance said, pushing Keith's hair out of his eyes.

"Do you think Allura will bother him again?" Hunk asked, obviously worried for the red paladin.

"I don't think so but we should still keep an eye on him. She'll get used to him soon. Besides, who can hate someone with a face like that for long?" Shiro said, pointing to Keith who was currently drooling a little. Everyone chuckled.

Keith was their purple cat and no one could ever change that.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW sorry I just died a little there. I'm finally coming to the end of my massive request list yuy (it's not that I don't like requests it's just I don't like having to make people wait for me to write them) so yeah. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed!

Words: 1242

~Author Mill