~Dancing Pt. 1/2~

This was requested by midnight271 also don't play the song yet!

Keith loved to dance. He used to practise at his shack when he wasn't researching about the blue lion. Dancing was like a hobby to him. A hobby that he kept while in space. He never told the team he danced because he felt embarrassed by it so instead at midnight every night he would sneak into the training room, put on some music and practise. No one ever found out about it. Well, not until now.

Third P.O.V

Keith had finished his dinner and was about to head off to the kitchen when Shiro called his name. He turned around to be met with Shiro smiling down at him.

"Hey Keith, the rest of the team and I are planning on having a sleepover. Do you want to join?" Shiro asked. Keith thought about it for a second, reminding himself of the pros and cons. The pro was he would have more time with the paladins and the con was that he wouldn't get to dance that night. He eventually picked one over the other.

"No thank you. Thanks for the offer though" He replied. And with that, he exited the room without another word. Shiro gave a confused look before shrugging and continuing with what he was doing.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Keith slowly climbed out of bed and opened his door. He then tiptoed into the training room, making as little sound as he could. He knew where all the creaks were on the floor so he didn't struggle that much. Once he got to the training room he went over to the boom box he had hidden in the corner of the room. He pressed a button and the boom box started playing a soft tune. Keith smiled and started dancing.

Shiro woke up to the muffled sound of music. Once he had sat up he realised everyone else was awake too.

"What is that sound?" Shiro asked, scratching the top of his head.

"I don't know" said Allura, sleepily sitting up.

"It sounds like.... music" Lance exclaimed, standing up and already walking towards the door.

"Where are you going buddy?" Hunk asked, looking up to Lance.

"I'm going to check it out, duh. C'mon guys" Lance said, beckoning the rest to come over. They all slowly got up and started walking to the source of the noise. Eventually they found themselves right outside the training room.

"I think it's coming from here" Pidge stated, slowly opening the training room door. Everyone was shocked at what was on the other side.

Keith Kogane.

Dancing.

Play the song!

The others stared in shock as a new song started to play. The paladins all recognised the song from earth. It was 'Perfect' by Ed Sheeran. They watched in shock as Keith started gliding around the room elegantly. The smile on Keith's face was bigger then any of them had ever seen before. His armed matched his movement perfectly and his foot placement was on point. His actions flowed smoothly and his smile made the performance shine. The paladins just watched in awe as Keith happily and beautifully made his way around the room. No one knew Keith was so good at dancing.

Half way through the song Keith did a giant leap and landed it perfectly, not once tripping or moving out of place. He hadn't even noticed the group watching from the doorway. Keith closed his eyes and let the music pick his steps. He felt the melody take control of him and he smiled as his legs took him in different directions. He loved dancing. He felt like it took him away from all the bad things in the world and put him in his own land of happiness.

Keith drifted himself into his ending pose as the last lyrics of the song ended and the music faded out. After a few seconds of staying in his ending pose he started making his way back to the boom box to choose a new song but just before he started walking he heard clapping from the doorway. He turned his head and he could now see that the whole group were standing there, clapping and smiling at him.

The team were honestly amazed at his performance. They had never expected this of Keith and they certainly hadn't expected someone to even be that good. Once Keith had seen them he made a high pitched squeal and put his hands over his face, hiding his blush.

"Keith, that was amazing!" Pidge shouted, walking up to the now bright red paladin.

"Yeah man, that was incredible!" Hunk confirmed, putting his arm around Keith. Keith just hid in his hands, not knowing what to reply.

"Why didn't you tell us you could dance Keith?" Shiro asked, slowly pulling Keith's hands down from his face. Keith lifted his head and let out a sigh.

"I-I thought you would think it was stupid. Plus I'm no good at it" Keith mumbled, drawing circles on the floor with the tip of his foot.

"What!? We don't think it was stupid! Plus you are really good at it!" Lance shouted, putting his hand on Keith's shoulder. Keith blushed more.

"Awww. Stop it you guys" He said, smiling slightly.

"Keith, your dancing was truly magical, I can't deny" Allura said, smiling at Keith.

"It wasn't that good" Keith said, going an even deeper shade of red if possible.

"It really was, number 4!" Coran exclaimed, jumping in the air. "I wish I could dance like that"

"Me too" Allura agreed. The other paladins nodded in agreement.

"You should teach us Keith!" Lance suggested.

"You want me to teach you all?"

"Yeah!" they all replied.

"Okay" Keith walked over to the boom box and hit a button. "First though, you have to show me what you got"

Keith walked back over and the song slowly started playing. The paladins soon realised the song was 'Hips Don't Lie' by Shakira and Keith smiled cheekily. Soon everyone began dancing and laughing with each other, enjoying every minute. Keith enjoyed dancing with the group. He couldn't wait to teach them different moves and tips. He wondered how good they all were at dancing too. Maybe he could teach them that giant leap he had been learning for years. Maybe he could give them lessons every other night.

And one day....

just maybe....

he could dance to 'Perfect'...

with his arms around Lance.

4K reads seriously you guys need to chill. I really enjoyed writing this request so feel free to leave more! Also what were your thoughts on season 7? I personally loved it. It's such a shame so many people had to go hating on it just because their ships didn't happen. I would still watch Voltron even if my worst ship happened but apparently some people had to go and complain about it. You are allowed to not like it but just remember that the creators put a lot of effort into it and they have feelings too! Sorry I got a little whiny there it just triggers me so much. So yeah thanks for 4K reads and don't worry, season 7 chapters will come soon! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed!

Words: 1173

~Author Mill