~Krolia's Death (Rewrite)~

Okay so I was going to rewrite my first chapter to see how much I've progressed but it's uh... it's kinda too bad to fix. Instead I'm going to rewrite this one but don't worry, it's not very similar. It's just got the same dilemma. Here ya go!

Third P.O.V

Keith had learned about the five stages of grief at an extremely young age.

He didn't believe it was a real thing, at first. He hated the thought that his therapist could read his emotions and know how he felt. However, the more he recovered from the death of his father, the more he realised that the five stages of grief were a real thing and that everyone goes through them in different ways.

Keith didn't expect he'd go through them again.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

"Good job out there, everyone." Keith said, placing his helmet down. They'd completed a rather difficult mission, but not difficult enough for any of them to get badly injured. They'd all decided to meet in the meeting room of the Atlas for a quick debriefing.

"Another successful mission?" Shiro asked, walking into the room with a smile on his face.

"You bet! That one was awesome! Pidge, you really outdid yourself with all that camouflage stuff. They didn't know what hit 'em!" The Red Paladin exclaimed, giving Pidge a playful nudge.

"Yeah, Yeah. We all know I'm a genius." Pidge said, poking her glasses further up her nose. Keith could tell by the way her eyes sparkled that she'd appreciated the compliment, even if she hadn't said so herself.

Keith barely felt a tiny tug on his leg. He looked down, only to see a small alien staring up at him. It had green and purple skin and looked nervous by the way it fiddled with the bottom of it's silk robe.

"Um... can I help you?" Keith asked quietly. The alien looked into Keith's eyes before it's own eyes darted back down to the floor.

"I um- I have a message from Kolivan. A-About your mother." The alien stuttered, scratching the back of its neck. By now all the paladins were listening in. they could tell Keith felt excited at the mention of his mother by the way his eyes lit up in happiness.

"You do? I heard they got back from the mission today so I was planning on seeing her later. What's the message?" Keith asked with a small smile tugging at his lips.

"Um well... I'm afraid the mission didn't quite go as planned, you see." The alien began. Keith felt his smile drop. "The plan was to go into the druid's supply base, set a bomb and make an escape. However... the blade found a slight issue with the ships. Instead, the Blade made a last minute decision to use the druid's ships to escape."

"So.. what happened from there?" Keith asked.

"Well, it was going alright until your mother came across a prison cell. The Blade still aren't sure why there were prisoners on the ship but they couldn't let the prisoners blow up so Krolia had to take them with her. She got to the emergency ship and well... she had to by time for the prisoners so...

she sent the ship off without her on it."

Keith felt his heart stop for a few seconds. His whole body felt like it had been dunked underwater and he couldn't focus properly. He couldn't even finish his sentence.

"Did she..?"

"I'm afraid her ship was the last so she couldn't escape. The bombs went off and... and she died. I'm so sorry, Black Paladin." The alien finished.