~Soulmates Through Pain~

Back at it again with that amazing klance as requested by Kittyfwiend123 and I'm honestly surprised I haven't done anything like this. Here we goOoOOoOO!

Based on season nothin because it's a school AU WoOOOOoOOo!

Third P.O.V

Whoever Keith's soulmate was, he felt sorry for them.

You see, your soulmate and you share pain, meaning when you are hurt, they feel the pain of it too. It's useful in some situations but in others not so much. For example, you would know when your soulmate was hiding an injury or something. The bad side of sharing pain was more difficult when it came to giving birth and stuff. I'm sure detail isn't needed.

Keith felt bad for his soulmate. Mostly due to the fact that Keith was very reckless. He'd get into fights, exercise to the point of collapsing and much more. It wasn't really HIS fault. Well, it was, but that's besides the point.

On the other hand, Keith felt like his soulmate deserved all of it.

You see, whoever Keith's soulmate was, he had a thing for fire.

In this world, temperature is counted as pain. If your soulmate is cold, you're probably cold too. The feeling of ice and the feeling of fire was felt throughout both soulmates. Keith had realised that whoever his soulmate was, he lit fires a lot. Often Keith would feel the hot tingly feeling on his hands and his wrists as his soulmate carefully leaned over the fire.

This would've been fine if he wasn't Keith.

Keith hated fire. He hated the feeling, the look, the smell, and especially, the damage it could cause. He'd come face to face with the consequences of an out of control fire. His father, a firefighter, had too. Keith had witnessed the worst side of the fire whereas his father had felt it. Keith had been there. He'd watched as the building collapsed on the only family member he had left. He'd felt the smoke almost engulf him, making him cough and cough. He'd felt the unnatural heat of the fire, which was what had caused his problem.

Whenever he felt his soulmate near a flame, it brought him back.

Therefore, whenever Keith felt that subtle burning on any area of his body, he'd try and distract himself from it as quickly as possible. He'd squirm around and clench his fists, praying the feeling would leave before horrible memories appeared in his head.

It would eventually, but sometimes he'd have to put up with it for hours.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

A school camping trip.

That was the last thing Keith wanted to do at the moment.

But his foster brother Shiro had already signed the permission slips so here Keith was, trying and failing to put up a tent. It was ironic, really. Keith had always made fun of those people in shows who could never put up their tent, claiming it was easy. But here he was, reading the instructions for the fifth time.

"At this point it'd be better to just sleep outside" Keith mumbled to himself, surprised when he heard a chuckle behind him.

"Need help with that?" A familiar voice said. Keith turned, only to see Lance McClain standing there, a smugish look on his face. Lance McClain wasn't someone Keith was very close to. He just knew they were in the same class together.

"Maybe.." Keith muttered, handing the instructions to Lance. The tanned boy opened them up and gave them a gentle shake, then beginning to read.

"Damn. Yours is confusing." Lance said, turning the instructions, fearing he may have them the wrong way around. It was impossible to tell.