~Earth Isn't Home~

HelloOOOoOoOoOOoOOoO! This is book is still going. I've got a lot of ideas written down so be ready. This was requested by JakeyP99 and yeah here ya OGoOoOoo.

(Based on an alternate reality where allura lived and allurance didn't happen.)

Third P.O.V

Earth had never been home for Keith.

Sure, he'd been born there. But it'd treated him with cruelty. After all, he'd lost his mother, his father and even Shiro on Earth. Sure, he'd got Shiro back, but then he and four others were launched up into space.

Space had given him a reason, a mother, and the best family he could ever ask for.

Specifically during Keith's time as the red paladin, Keith realised that everyone apart from him missed their home planet. They'd all have days where they'd struggle to complete simple tasks due to the hole inside their hearts.

He'd noticed it from Lance first. Keith was always up at the ungodly hours of the castle night cycle. He'd been heading towards the kitchen to get a glass of water after training when he'd heard sniffling from the observation room. Carefully, he'd peaked in, only to find Lance sitting in the middle of the floor. his shoulders shaking timidly.

Even though Lance was Keith's "rival", Keith wasn't a jerk. He'd gone up to Lance, asked what was wrong and attempted to comfort him after Lance admitted to missing his family. Turns out, Keith wasn't really good at comforting people, and he'd made everything worse. Luckily, Hunk was woken up to this, and managed to calm Lance down instead. Keith had apologised the next day, of course, but he still wondered why he'd been so bad at helping.

Pidge's homesickness was spotted in the night as well. Shiro had mentioned how he was worried about how much Pidge had been focused on Matt recently. Keith didn't know how bad it was until he'd walked past a busy Pidge for four nights in a row now. He eventually decided to ask her if she was alright, and she'd burst into tears, talking about her brother, father and even mentioning how much she missed her mother on Earth. Again, Keith had attempted to comfort Pidge but after a while she fell asleep on him, and that was that.

Next had been Hunk. He'd been earlier warned by Pidge to avoid the kitchen as Hunk had been having a bad day and Keith would only "make it worse". He'd obeyed this rule up until later in the evening after training when he made his way into the kitchen, completely forgetting his earlier instruction. Hunk was in there, mixing a very full bowl of batter, surrounded by trays of all kinds of foods.

Keith, like all the other times, asked what was wrong. Surprisingly, Hunk got mad, and after a bit of bickering had shouted at Keith to leave him alone. Keith had spent the rest of the day and night anxiously pacing around, asking himself why he was terrible at making people feel better.

Shiro was a little different. He never really had a break down like the others. Shiro just had days where he'd smile a little less, zone out a little more, and wear this tight frown upon his face. Keith had confronted Shiro on these days, but it normally just ended up with Shiro politely asking for privacy and Keith feeling like a terrible friend.

Even the Alteans experienced homesickness. Keith had once seen Coran and Allura huddled up on the couch, softly comforting each other. Keith never butt in just because he felt like the galra paladin wouldn't exactly be a good person to attempt to comfort Alteans.

Even after moving to the Blades, Keith didn't understand why he couldn't help the paladins feel less homesick. He didn't figure it out while on the space whale either.