~Haggar's Magic~

This was requested by yins1n and I have nothing else to say here so here ya go.

The beginning is kind of like another chapter I wrote but DEAL WITH IT SUCKERS oh and it's based on season 2.

Keith's P.O.V

I charged at the witch, swinging my sword, missing Haggar by just an inch. Voltron were on a mission and I was the main part of it. My job was to stop Haggar from using her magic to allow Zarkon to access her magic. The witch had created a spell that could allow her to give Zarkon some of her magic. All she had to do was power up this machine with her spell and it would work. The others were trying to shut down the machine while my job was to stop or distract Haggar.

"You will not make it out of here alive!" Haggar shouted, charging at me with her hands glowing purple. I dived out of the way and prepared my attack, missing her too. We both knew this would be a long battle if no one did anything.

"Very well, Red paladin. If I cannot beat you I shall use my spell instead!" She shouted, turning to the machine. She started powering up her magic and I panicked for a moment.

As she muttered her spell and aimed her hands towards the machine I did the one thing I could think of.

I jumped in front of it.

I felt a weird pulse of magic hit me and a bright light fill my vision.

I opened my eyes, rubbing my head slightly. I looked around, letting out a yelp when I saw what was around me. The sky was similar to space, but more blurred. I seemed to be standing on a soft surface that looked see through but under was a dark shadow. I stood up, looking for any sign of life. Suddenly, a hand reached out from the floor, grabbing my by the ankle. I tried to push it away but another came in and grabbed me, making me fall. I shouted as the arms hands pulled me under, making me lose consciousness.

"Keith! Keith!"

I opened my eyes once again, this time seeing Shiro in front of me. I sat up and let out a groan, realising I was back on the galra ship and the others were in front of me.

"Are you okay?" Shiro asked, helping me to my feet.

"I think so" I replied, giving him a small smile.

"Damn. You really scared that witch off. She left the ship and escaped" Lance said enthusiastically. "What did you do?"

"I'm.. not really sure.." I replied, scratching my head.

"Well whatever it was, you stopped her." Shiro said, beaming at me. As we began leaving the ship I thought to myself. What did I even do? If Haggar knocked me out how come she didn't kill me right there and then? I shrugged it off as I walked back into the castle.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Fast forward a week and things have been weird. For some reason I've been a lot stronger during training, killing the robots easily. I mean I'm not complaining. However, along with all these good things, I've been experiencing some bad things. I've found myself getting angry easier and my dreams have been weird. For instance, I found my self face to face with Haggar in my dreams the other night, but she'd been week and frail.

On this particular day, I'd been training for hours when suddenly something weird happened. I looked down at my blade, noticing it was glowing more than it usually would be. I focused my attention back on my robot opponent and ran at them, striking them with my sword.

Big mistake.

The whole room lit up a bright purple and lightning bolts flashed from the robot, making a clashing sound. The robot exploded into little pieces, making me gape in amazement.

What did I even just do?

I inspected my blade for a second, wondering if there was anything different about it. The bright purple glow had disappeared as the blade deactivated. It looked completely normal.

I decided to fight with my fists instead, just to be safe.

However, as I punched a robot in the face, something similar happened. The head of the robot suddenly cracked, purple light shining out from inside of it. The head of it exploded, making the robot drop to the floor.

Ah, so it's not the blade.

I looked down at my hands, noticing a weird purple glow slowly dim. My eyes widened in shock as I flipped my hands. They looked normal now. The purple glow kinda reminded me of...

oh.

Haggar's magic.

Right.

I dashed into the controls room where everyone else was.

"Guys, Haggar did something to me" I said, panting slightly. Everyone raised their eyebrows at me.

"Look, just follow me, okay?"

I punched the robot for what felt like the one hundredth time, still getting no result. The others were starting to get bored.

"Look, something happened earlier when I punched the robot. I swear it!" I said, trying to not seem crazy. I don't think it was working.

"Yeah, very funny Keith. I'm going back to the controls room. C'mon guys" Lance said, leading everyone else of the room. I turned to the dummy and glared at it, punching it out of anger.

It worked that time.

Everyone else charged back into the room, having seen the flash of light.

"What was that!?" Lance asked, looking panicked.

"It was me. I punched the stupid robot and it decided to work when you aren't even in the room!" I shouted, punching another robot.

It worked that time too. The whole room lit up purple and the robot exploded. I turned to the others who were looking at me in shock.

"What just happened?" Lance asked.

"I don't know. When we were trying to stop Haggar from giving her magic to Zarkon she started firing at the machine so I kinda sorta jumped in the way..?" I said, smiling awkwardly.

"Keith, that could've killed you." Shiro said, his dad voice showing.

"Well it didn't. Instead it gave me some cool god powers!" I shouted, putting my hand on a turned off robot's chest. I closed my eyes and focused, feeling energy pulse through me. The next thing I new I heard an explosion in front of me at the robot was disintegrated.

"Woah.." I muttered.

"Interesting. When you do it your body seems to glow purple slightly, similar to Haggar's" Pidge said, resting her hand under her chin.

"Well this could be cool" I said, leaning against the wall. Suddenly the wall started to glow purple and smoke. I quickly stepped away from it, watching as the purple went away.

"Whoops.." I said.

"You're lucky the castle is kinda invincible." Hunk pointed out.

"Keith, this might not be such of a good thing. You clearly can't control it, making it dangerous." Allura stated.

"I'll be careful, Princess. I promise."

If only I'd kept my promise.

There will be a part two I swear. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed!

Words: 1145

~Author Mill