~Krolia's Death~

HmMMmMM I wonder what this chapter will be about. A little bit angsty but hey. Based on after season seven. Here ya goooo.

The paladins had been on Earth for almost six months. Aliens had started to visit more often and humans seemed to get used to them. Even with Sendak being killed, certain deeds still needed to be done to protect the galaxy. The Blade of Marmora were still active and would go out on missions, visiting Earth occasionally but mostly spent their time up in space. However, just because Sendak was gone doesn't mean there wasn't anyone who could take down the BoM...

Third P.O.V

Keith stepped out of his lion along with the rest of the team. After practising forming Voltron and trying their moves they were all exhausted.They wiped the sweat off their foreheads and they all gathered inside the control room in Atlas.

"Good work guys" Shiro said, giving them all a smile.

"Thanks. That dive you did at the end was great Lance" Pidge said, starting to take her armour off so she was more comfortable in her under suit.

"You're too modest. Your dive was way better" Lance replied, flopping over the dashboard. Just at that moment a small alien walked into the room. The team all looked at him in confusion.

"Uhh.... Can we help you?" Keith asked, squatting down slightly so he was the same level as the small alien.

"Are you Keith Kogane? The black paladin?" The creature asked, reading a name off of his hand.

"Yeah that's me. What's up?"

"W-Well... I have some bad news for you. You might wanna sit down for this" The alien said. Keith gave the alien a confused look before pulling two chairs they had added to the control room out. The alien took a seat and so did Keith.

"I-It's about... your mother" The alien began.

"My mother? Gosh it feels like I haven't seen her in forever. Is she okay?" Keith asked. The alien looked down in both guilt and sadness.

"I-I'm afraid not.."

"What do you mean?" Keith asked, sitting up slightly, wanting to hear the rest of the story. Afterwards, he wished he hadn't.

"S-She was sent out on a mission to blow up a planet t-that was polluting space. The BoM went to the planet with huge dynamite and planned to set it off at a certain time. Each member was given a certain area to set off and a one seat pod to escape in once the dynamite was ready. H-However, she found an alien living on the planet... a-and she put him in the pod instead" The alien watched as Keith's expression dulled. He knew he'd hate being the one to tell him this.

"W-What happened t-to her..?" Keith whispered.

"S-She.. didn't make it. She... d-died. I'm sorry"

You could practically hear Keith's fragile heart shatter into pieces. He stared blankly at the alien for a few seconds taking in the information.

"I-I'll give you some time alone with your team.." The alien muttered awkwardly. He then stood up and waddled off, not daring to look back at the black paladins broken face. There was a few seconds of awkward silence before Shiro stepped in, putting his metal hand on Keith's shoulder.

"A-Are you okay, Keith?" Shiro asked, struggling to find the right thing to say. He knew how painful it was to lose someone you love. Keith let out a small chuckle, making him sound slightly insane.

"P-Perfect.." He said, tears starting to pour down his cheeks. What scared everyone the most was that they were silent. Shiro squatted down in front of Keith and held his face with his thumb and finger.