~A Talk~

Yes I am aware I have requests to do but I want to get this one out while its fresh in my mind. I've mentioned making a chapter like this in the past but I never really got around to it. So lets do thisssss.

Based on after Season Six, around the beginning of Season Seven.

Keith's P.O.V

Shiro knocked me backwards and I felt my back slam into a metal pole. I dodged as Shiro swung at my head and managed to run under the stand of clones before it collapsed on me. It came down with a loud crash, separating Shiro and I long enough so I could get a word in.

"Shiro, I know you're in there. You made a promise once. You told me you'd never give up on me!"

"And I should've abandoned you just like your parents did! They saw that you were broken. Worthless. I should've seen it too!"

I hesitated before replying.

"I'm not leaving here without you"

Shiro took a few deep breaths and looked me dead in the eyes. His eyes were tinted purple slightly, making him look like a completely different person. This wasn't the same Shiro who took me under his wing. This wasn't the same Shiro who argued with the Garrison commanders to keep me in the school. This wasn't the same Shiro who I spilled all of my secrets and insecurities to because I trusted him.

"Actually, neither of us are leaving"

This wasn't the same Shiro.... right?

I shot up from my bed, sweating and panting. It was just a dream, I'm okay. I wiped the sweat from off my forehead and thought about what had just happened. The same dream has been happening ever since we saved Shiro and it had been bugging me for a while.

"Keith, are you okay?" Krolia whispered. I had almost forgotten she was in my lion. I swung my legs around so my feet were on the floor and looked at her. She was still in her bed which was a few meters next to mine but she was leaning on her elbow, looking at me sleepily.

"Uh yeah, I'm fine." I said, still mentally recovering from the dream. I stood up and started walking away, heading to the head of the lion to pilot.

"Where are you going" Krolia asked, obviously only half awake.

"I'm gonna go uh... keep watch" I replied, leaving the room. I just wanted some time to think. Think about what Shiro had said. Think about the nightmares and to hopefully forget them. I sat down at the control panel and rested my head on the back of it. We had moved on from the whole 'Shiro was a clone' thing and I hadn't really had the chance to talk to anyone about it. I glanced up at my control panel, only to catch a glimpse of my reflection in the glass. Was my scar really that big?  I traced it gently with my finger, feeling the soft, slightly damaged skin. I let out a tired sigh and stood up, making my way out of the lion. I needed some fresh air.

We had decided to land on a nearby planet while we slept. It had oxygen and didn't have any living organisms on so I went out in my pyjamas. The land was pretty plain apart from a few rocks sticking out of the ground. I sat on a slightly small one and buried my face in my hands. Thinking about that fight was all I could do.

"We have to get back to the castle"

"We are not going anywhere!"

"You're my brother. I love you..."

"Just let go Keith, you don't have to fight anymore. By now the team are already gone. I saw to it myself"

The words kept spinning around my head over and over again. I remembered them perfectly. Too perfectly. I wanted to forget. I wanted to forget them so badly but I couldn't. They plagued my mind and replayed over and over again. I wanted it all to stop. I tried to tell myself it wasn't Shiro but the memories were so loud I couldn't drown them out. Make it stop. Make it stop!

"Keith, is everything okay?"

I looked up and noticed Shiro was right next to me, his hand on my shoulder. I must've flinched or something because Shiro took his hand off of my shoulder. I looked down at the ground and focused on calming down my breathing after noticing that it was slightly off.

"Y-Yeah I'm fine." I responded, avoiding eye contact. I shouldn't be worrying about these things. After all, it wasn't even Shiro.

"Are you sure? I came out here and noticed you were muttering to yourself" Shiro said, sitting down next to me. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Yeah just uh... got some things on my mind" I replied, hoping Shiro wouldn't hear the slight crack in my voice. He used his hand to gently lift my face up, tracing his thumb over my burn scar. He seemed more surprised than anything.

"I can't believe I caused that"

"It wasn't you Shiro. It was a clone of you. You know that" I said, moving my head away from Shiro's gaze.

"True. But do you know that?"

I hesitated before sighing.

"What do you mean?" I asked. I knew exactly what he meant. I guess I just didn't want to admit it.

"Keith, I'm not blind. I can tell by the way that you've been acting that you're not fully recovered from the fight you had with me... or... the clone of me" Shiro said. I didn't know how to reply. I looked away from Shiro and tried to contain my emotions.

"I-I guess you could say that.."

"So... do you wanna talk about it"

"Y-Yes please" I reply, wanting to get it off of my chest.

"So, talk to me"

I pretty much exploded.

"It's just hard seeing at the time I thought it was you and knowing that you were actually trying to kill me and you weren't going easy on me and it was so difficult and you almost died and I was so confused and scared but I had to fight I didn't have a choice and then I had to lead the team even though I had just stopped fighting you and was still confused and the nightmares make it worse and its hard" I spurted out, burying my face in my hands. Shiro took a few seconds to register what I had just said before he put his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry Keith. We should've made sure you were alright. I should've helped more"

"I-Its not your fault no one knew about what happened" I mumbled.

"I roughly knew what happened though. I should've helped more. Also what nightmares?" Shiro asked. I buried my face further into my hands.

"I-I've been having these nightmares ever since we fought. I-Its mostly j-just your clone repeating the things h-he said to me b-but I can't get it out of my head Shiro" I said, tears starting to form in my eyes.

"Keith... I'm sorry" Shiro said, pulling me into a one handed hug. I hugged back hesitantly and let the tears roll down my cheeks. I didn't want to be the brave leader anymore. I just wanted someone to help. Shiro gently ran his finger through my hair as I quietly cried into his chest.

"I-It was horrible Shiro. I-I thought y-you were really trying to k-kill me" I whimpered. Shiro let out a sad sigh.

"I would never try to kill you Keith. You're like my brother" Shiro said, pushing me up so he could look into my eyes.

"I-I think one of the p-parts that s-scared me the most w-was when the clone said the team w-was dead"

"I'm sorry you had to go through that Keith. Do you think it would make you feel better if you talked to the team about it more?" Shiro suggested. I gave him a small nod.

"Yeah... I would like that"

I'll make a part two to this. So prepare yourself for that. Keep in mind there is under a month until season eight like AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Which ships do you think will be canon? Anyways, I hope you enjoyed!

P.S Thank you for 16k likes ya crazy people.

Words: 1403

~Author Mill