~Damaged~

(EXTREME ANGST AHEAD YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED)

The Blade of Marmora and Voltron were working together on a mission. They were on a galra ship trying to steal some strange quintessence. Keith had been separated from the Blade of Marmora during a fight and found himself with Voltron. Keith found it extremely awkward as he hadn't talked to the paladins in ages. He felt horrible for just leaving them so suddenly and not speaking to them ever since. He wondered if they still thought of him as part of the family. Maybe that was what persuaded Keith to just let it happen...

Third P.O.V

The paladins and Keith found themselves in a huge room. The walls were grey with purple lights but apart from that the room was completely boring. It was huge, but empty. The group walked forward, scanning the areas for any sign of danger. Suddenly, on the opposite side of the room a pedestal rose up from the ground. The group looked in confusion as the top of the pedestal opened up and revealed a metal box. The metal box seemed to be making a small ticking sound.

"I-IS THAT A BOMB!?" Hunk shouted, fear shown in his eyes.

Before anyone could react, a purple dome formed around them, locking them in.

"Pidge what is this dome?! Are we stuck here!?" Lance cried, running towards the dome. Strangely enough, when Lance went to bang on the dome, he ran right through it.

"PFFT. The stupid galra couldn't even get there dome thing to work! We can literally just walk outta here and the bomb wont hurt anyone." Lance chuckled.

Keith knew something wasn't right. He waited for all the paladins to walk out of the dome, before attempting to walk out himself. However, when he got the the dome wall, he couldn't walk through it. He began banging on it violently.

"Uh Guys!? The dome wont let me out!" He shouted, pressing his fingers against the purple dome.

"I knew something was off" stated Pidge. "This dome isn't just any old dome. It's the type that will keep a certain number of living things in. So basically, one person will have to.... to stay in the dome" Pidge looked down at the ground, feeling horrible about the situation.

"The explosion would lead us straight to the room where they keep the quintessence. We are right on top of it" Shiro said, his eyes darting down at the tracker he was holding.

"So the question is, who is going to take the hit..?" Allura asked, seeing the expression on everyone's faces change.

Keith, who was still on the inside of the dome, sighed.

"Like you said Shiro, the Blade have been around for generations and they have survived fine without me. And Voltron already has five paladins so.... I guess it's my time" Keith spoke, voice cracking a little.

"Keith no! I will not allow you to sacrifice yourself like that! We need you!" Lance shouted, looking Keith straight in the eye. Keith was almost tempted by his crushes words, but his plan remained the same.

Keith knew the paladins weren't going to let him off easy, so he walked back towards the pedestal. There was a little button with a padlock printed on it. Keith pressed the button and the dome shined a deeper colour of purple. The paladins began panicking and ran towards the dome, only to find that they couldn't walk back in anymore.