~Naxzela Aftermath~

Its been a year since Voltron ended and I'm EMOTIONALLY UNSTABLE. What? What do you mean I already wrote a chapter about Naxzela? I have no idea what you're talking about. Hypothetically, if I had written a chapter about Naxzela, then this one is different.

(Based on like 10 minutes after Keith tried to throw himself into a damn shield.)

Third P.O.V

Matt made sure to be as quick as possible piloting his ship into the Castle of Lions. They had just escaped the deadly bomb of Naxzela, and in victory, the paladins had invited the rebels and the blades onto the Castle of Lions to celebrate.

However, that wasn't the reason Matt was being quick.

He was being quick because he had to see Keith.

"Maybe not with our weapons." Those words would haunt him to his grave along with the image of Keith's cruiser heading directly towards the shield. He'd shouted- no, screamed for Keith to stop but Keith didn't listen. He only pulled back after seeing Lotor's blast.

If Lotor had been just a few seconds later...

Matt didn't want to think about that.

As soon as Matt's ship had landed, he charged out into the docking bay, searching for Keith's cruiser. Instead, he was met with a hug from his sister, which he returned.

"We did it Matt! We actually did it!" Pidge yelled, pulling away from the hug so she could grab Matt's arms and swing them around.  Matt let out a small chuckle in return.

"Yeah, we did. Have you seen Keith by any chance?" He asked, plastering a smile on his own face. He didn't want to tell the others what had almost happened. He needed to talk with Keith alone and make sure he was alright.

"I think his ship was damaged or something. He might take a while to get here." Lance cut in, and it was only now that Matt realised that all the paladins were in the room.

"He knows how to navigate the castle, I'm sure he'll catch up with us." Pidge explained. "Let's head to the dining room."

"Um- You guys go ahead. I want to talk to Keith about something first." Matt explained, smiling nervously. Lance's face suddenly morphed into a smug grin.

"Ah, I see. A private conversation with Keith after a particularly close battle. I get ya." He said, swatting the paladins out of the room. "C'mon guys, let's give them some privacy."

"Wait- What?! No! That's not- Ugh! Just go." Matt groaned, feeling his face heat up but not having the effort to defend himself. He had to find Keith.

If only they knew what this was about.

After everyone else had began making their way out of the docking bay, it didn't take long for a small galra cruiser to pull into the docking bay and land. Matt quickly rushed over as the door to the cruiser opened.

"Keith! Keith, are you okay!?" He yelled, watching as a figure stumbled out of the ship on wobbly legs.

Keith definitely wasn't okay.

His face was as pale as paper and his breathing was erratic. Tremors took over his body and his posture was small and frightened. Matt tried not to think about how Keith had spent the last twenty minutes flying to the castle of lions in his state.

Keith's eyes locked onto Matt's, but that's about all he did. Matt had been expecting a reaction; maybe Keith lashing out in anger or breaking down into tears. This wasn't what he'd pictured.