Chapter 7

"Ah, there you are." He looked right at me dead in the eye. "I've been wondering where you went all these years."

"Evan?!" I stood back in shock. "Wha-?" I couldn't find any words to describe how confused I was.

"Wait, Kami, you know him?" Amber looked at me shocked.

"Yeah, but," I paused for a moment. "It's been five years since-" since that time. I shivered at the memory.

"Forget it." I turned around and walked away.

"Wait." I felt a strong grip on my shoulder. "We need to talk."

"There's nothing to talk about." I shook my shoulder, releasing his grip, and walked away.

I tried to make a break for it and head to the roof, but I could hear his footsteps behind me.

I ran up the stairs as quick as possible, and as I ran through the roof doors, slammed them shut, and froze the door handles so they couldn't be opened. "Leave me alone." I backed up from the door.

Evan looked through the windows and started banging on the doors. "Kami, I swear if you don't open up!"

"Or what? You turn me back to my old self?" I yelled back.

"You're acting childish, open the damn door."

"Make me." I backed up, felt tears starting to come. "Just leave me alone."

I backed up so much I was up against the fenced walls. I slipped down on the floor and started balling.

I heard a loud crash and figured that Evan slammed the door open.

"Kami..." he walked over to me and got down on his knees.

"Leave me alone." I turned away. "I can't face my past anymore."

"But this isn't your past, this is the present."

"It doesn't matter, I can't go back."

I looked up and saw the same face I seen when my mom was running away from the school with me. He was part of my past, and its hard to even let go of the memories.

"Kami, things have changed, right?" It grabbed my hand. "Right."

I shut my eyes tighter, tears trying to forcefully escape. "No." I shook my head. "I was provoked, I was threatened, and I got so angry I couldn't stop myself."

"But you did."

"But what if what happened last time happens again?" I paused and sniffled. "You were lucky, you weren't on the roof when I went on that rampage."

"Yeah.." he trailed off a little. "I saw your mom running with you in her arms." He then looked at me in the eyes. "And I didn't have a chance to tell you something, but when I heard screaming on the roof, then dead silence, I was worried something happened to you, but the complete opposite happened."

"It was all my fault." I stood up and walked over to the side and glanced out the fencesd wall. "I don't even know why I have an ability in the first place. I don't deserve it."

"Yes you do."

"No." I closed my eyes for a moment, then opened them back up, setting my hand in one of the holes in the fence. "I don't." I paused. "I abused this power, gotten powerful unwillingly, and chase everyone away upon sight."

"You haven't-"

"And I'm ruining it here already. I beaten the King nearly to death, fought the Queen and healed her because I felt bad, so I basically dethroned them both."

"But that's-"

"I scared my dormmate and hid my secret from her and my other best friend, and everyone at this school."

"You had-"

"And now I'm ruining everything by acting reserved." I looked up and felt my ability activate. I turned towards Evan and started to lose control of my own body. What's happening? I can't control myself?!

"I can't handle it anymore." I felt myself form a flaming sword and had it near my neck. No! Im trapped and I can't stop myself. I hope Evan stops this.

"No!" Evan lunged forward and tackled me, knocking the sword out of my hand.

"No!" Yes! "What are you doing?" I beared my teeth down. No, shut it, let him stop me.

"Kami, this isn't you."

So he did notice.

"You can't do this, you have so much to live for!"

"Like what?"

He was holding back his tears, I could tell. Come on, Evan. Please stop me, because I can't.

"What about your best friends? What about your parents? What about me?"

"I have nothing to do with you, now let me go or I will make you."

He shook his head. "You don't understand."

"No, you don't." I lifted my arms, tossing him into the fence. "Now let this happen."

"I won't let you, I don't know what's gotten into you, but you need to stop."

"Make me." Please stop me. I picked up the sword and I could feel the heat on my neck, then something was burning. No no no no no!

Evan then screamed, activated his ability, and froze me in place. Now there was no control on myself and I just felt my body collapse as I blacked out.

I opened my eyes and seen I wasn't on the roof anymore. "Where am I?" I slowly sat up and realized my neck was burning. "Owww." I put my hand there and it felt like there was a gash there. I look at my hand and seen blood. So it wasn't a dream?

"Ah, you're awake."

"What happened?"

"I don't know, the new kid, I think you said his name was Evan, he brought you back, he was in tears and wouldn't speak. He's sitting in your part of the room as we speak."

"Bring him in here, ow." I paused and tried to heal my wound. "Please."

"Evan! She's awake."

I heard shuffling and noticed he was running into the living room. "You okay?" He threw himself on the couch and hugged me.

"Oww," I gasped. "I'm still not fully healed yet."

"Sorry."

"Hey," I put my other hand on his. "Thanks."

"What happened? That wasn't like you."

"I don't know," I looked down then looked back up and seen him watching me intently. "It's like I wasn't in control of myself and I wanted to stop but-"

I was interrupted by him kissing me.